Feature - Implemented Woods: Hidden City (automatic)

stannius

Hidden city adventuring currently requires either an ash script, relay browsering, or
Code:
hiddencity 1
adv hidden city
hiddencity 2
adv hidden city

It seems like a common scenario that a user wants to explore unexplored ruins until all 9 special squares are found. Personally I would even use a feature that simply explored until there were no unexplored ruins left (sure, it might burn an extra turn or two, but that's a fine tradeoff to me.)

bumcheekcity

Code:
alias hiddencity => ash int i = 1; while (i <= 25) { cli_execute("hiddencity "+i+"; adv hidden city"); }

That should do it.

Bale

Minion
Considering how common that scenario is, it does seem like a worthwhile feature to have an automatic adventuring location called, "Hidden City (unexplored)". I imagine that more than a few users would be made happy by this.

Considering that unexplored support has already been added to the relay browser, would it take a lot of work to add it to automatic adventuring?

Theraze

If the Tavern bit I coded is considered to work, it should be possible to do exactly the same thing to the Hidden City...

stannius

Depends if you have enough adventures.

I mean due to the fact that the alias is the same name - "hiddencity" - as the CLI function it calls. I don't know if that would really happen or not. (nor could I think of a good way to test it, which is why I am resorting to nearly useless speculation.)

Also I tried it (without the aliasing part) and it didn't work. The first time it hit an altar, I got the error message about setting a square to visit. I believe this was due to the fact that the adv CLI command loops until an adventure is burned. (Whereas the ash function allows adventuring zero adventures.)

(I'm also not sure if this is relevant to the feature request)

Last edited:

zarqon

That alias will also only work with completely unexplored Hidden Cities. Otherwise, it will adventure in already explored squares. A proper alias would need to access the hiddenCityLayout property to determine which squares are unexplored.

I vote "yes" on proposition this.

Bale

Minion
That alias will also only work with completely unexplored Hidden Cities. Otherwise, it will adventure in already explored squares. A proper alias would need to access the hiddenCityLayout property to determine which squares are unexplored.

That shouldn't be hard to fix. This should do it, yes?

PHP:
alias hiddencity => ashq for i from 1 to 25 if(substring(get_property("hiddenCityLayout"),i-1,i) == "0") cli_execute("hiddencity "+i+"; adv hidden city");

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm going to mark it implemented right now. :)

Adventure in "Hidden City (automatic)" for 20 turns and you will discover the 5 protector spirits, the archaeologist, and the 14 regular Encounter squares. You will also, most likely, discover most, if not all of the 4 altars and the temple along the way, not consuming turns. You will have to make sure that your CCS or consult script is set up to deal with protector spirits and identifying stone spheres.

Revision 10288.