Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Winterbay

Apparently the top action in your options was the anti-dote, which probably shouldn't be used, but the setting you had on is designed to use the first option available. I do wonder why the script didn't even try to delevel though.

Palinathas

Apparently the top action in your options was the anti-dote, which probably shouldn't be used, but the setting you had on is designed to use the first option available. I do wonder why the script didn't even try to delevel though.

I guess that is more my question, why is anti-dote even an option when I am not poisoned? I would expect there to be some sort of checking for being poisoned. No worries it's not a big problem obviously, just something that irked me (not annoyed, just irked!)

Winterbay

Because you had anti-dotes in your inventory and as such it is added to opts which the script iterates over to find the best option to perform.

Uli

I don't think anything has changed with my setup, but my character is no longer using the sea lasso when adventuring in the sea. It has been working for weeks, and with my last two jumps into the ocean, by the time I get to the sea horse, it hasn't used it at all and I've had to go back and manually do it a few times. Was that feature removed? My zlib still shows the feature checked. Thanks.

Crowther

I don't think anything has changed with my setup, but my character is no longer using the sea lasso when adventuring in the sea. It has been working for weeks, and with my last two jumps into the ocean, by the time I get to the sea horse, it hasn't used it at all and I've had to go back and manually do it a few times. Was that feature removed? My zlib still shows the feature checked. Thanks.
I just started doing the sea, again. I've everything up to date and WHAM used my sea lasso on my very first sea combat.

EDIT: And now I'm fully trained and before the first non-combat in the dive bar. I'm headed out into the long tails this time.

Last edited:

Winterbay

if it isn't working, open up your batfactors.txt and make sure sea lasso is in there. It has been known to disappeat from time to time.

So I'm finally trying out the new sea area, and I noticed in the Mer-Kin Elementary School, WHAM is using entangling noodles but the monsters wriggle free and smack me that turn.

Silent Squirt is working as a 1 round stun though.

zarqon

Looks like those monsters are immune to multistuns. You can fix that by adding those monsters to batfactors with the "nomultistun" keyword.

Crowther

So I'm finally trying out the new sea area, and I noticed in the Mer-Kin Elementary School, WHAM is using entangling noodles but the monsters wriggle free and smack me that turn.

Silent Squirt is working as a 1 round stun though.
I mentioned this before. It's all the monsters in that area (school, library, colosseum, and whatever the pre-colesseum's called). They're immune to staggering too. I just buff higher than should be needed and WHAM does fine.

Crowther

As zarqon just said, add that to batfactors here: http://zachbardon.com/mafiatools/autoupdate.php
My workaround was faster. :p

EDIT: And less risky.

EDIT: It's done. I hope I did it right.

EDIT: I'm sure I didn't. I believe they are nostun, instead of nomultistun, but I'm not sure about every monster in that area. The stupid wiki doesn't mention stunning, but it does say there's a damage cap, which isn't in batfactors.

EDIT: It's pretty easy to check, I'm just not anywhere near there. Those monsters get to hit you even if you click away, they get a free hit.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
EDIT: It's done. I hope I did it right.

If you were the one who added these:

Code:
monster 148	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 149	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 150	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 151	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 152	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 153	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 154	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 155	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 156	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 157	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 158	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 159	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 160	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 161	0	0	0	nomultistun	
monster 162	0	0	0	nomultistun
Then you did not do it right. Not accusing; just pointing out it still needs to be done.

Edit: I guess I'll try to add them. Gosh that's a lot of monsters!

KolMafia said:
> ash $location[mer-kin col].get_monsters()

Changing "mer-kin col" to "Mer-kin Colosseum" would get rid of this message ()
Returned: aggregate monster [6]
0 => Mer-kin Balldodger
1 => Mer-kin Bladeswitcher
2 => Mer-kin Netdragger
3 => Georgepaul, the Balldodger
4 => Johnringo, the Netdragger
5 => Ringogeorge, the Bladeswitcher

> ash $location[mer-kin librar].get_monsters()

Changing "mer-kin librar" to "Mer-kin Library" would get rid of this message ()
Returned: aggregate monster [3]
0 => Mer-kin Alphabetizer
1 => Mer-kin Drifter
2 => Mer-kin Researcher

> ash $location[mer-kin gym].get_monsters()

Changing "mer-kin gym" to "Mer-kin Gymnasium" would get rid of this message ()
0 => Mer-kin Juicer
1 => Mer-kin Poseur
2 => Mer-kin Trainer

> ash $location[mer-kin elem].get_monsters()

Changing "mer-kin elem" to "Mer-kin Elementary School" would get rid of this message ()
0 => Mer-kin Monitor
1 => Mer-kin Punisher
2 => Mer-kin Teacher

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Okay! All those monsters are added properly now.

Crowther, I found your error. There's a tab between "monster" and the following number, whereas you used a space. Important difference!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Niche case but might be worth doing eventually.

I have had several cases where WHAM controlled combat fails. It turns out that WHAM had correctly planned a kill strategy but I did not have enough mana to execute it completely so it stops when an attempt to cast something fails.

This is a niche case because it happens rarely to me and only when something tweaks my mana recovery settings when I am not a myst class and I forget to change them. Most of the times it happens I really can't finish and win the fight since there was a reason WHAM went for spells and not weapons. But if WHAM changed it's strategy or added mana restores during combat that would be awesome.

(If it is already supposed to do that the tell me relevant settings so I can confirm I am trying to take advantage of the capability).

Thanks.

Winterbay

If you open the script you will notice that there is code for picking hp and mp restoring options. I have so far not been able to come up with a satisfactory way of including this in the combat predictions.
Any ideas are more than welcome :)

The only current idea I have is to do one run and if no solution is found try again but add a mp restorer first. I'll see if that is in any way useable when I get back home on Monday.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
If you open the script you will notice that there is code for picking hp and mp restoring options. I have so far not been able to come up with a satisfactory way of including this in the combat predictions.
Any ideas are more than welcome :)

The only current idea I have is to do one run and if no solution is found try again but add a mp restorer first. I'll see if that is in any way useable when I get back home on Monday.

Thank you.

Crowther

Okay! All those monsters are added properly now.

Crowther, I found your error. There's a tab between "monster" and the following number, whereas you used a space. Important difference!
And monster just had to have 7 characters so that a tab or a space following it had the same result on my screen. Thanks for cleaning up my mess.