Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Did you get these? I manually did them after downloading the BatBrain.ash here twice (to make sure it overwrote).

Code:
Bad monster value: "a n-dimensional horror" (BatBrain.ash, line 818)

Bad monster value: "n bottles of beer on a golem" (BatBrain.ash, line 908)

Bad monster value: "the ghost of fernswarthy great-grandfather" (BatBrain.ash, line 1209)

Bad monster value: "the beast with x ears" (BatBrain.ash, line 1211)

Bad monster value: "n-dimensional horror" (WHAM.ash, line 255)

I also changed the Eyes one at the same time as the Ears, they are on adjacent lines in BatBrain.ash.

These are part of mafia build 11618:
Code:
r11618 | veracity0 | 2012-11-07 18:07:28 +0000 (Wed, 07 Nov 2012) | 9 lines

Change names of Basement monsters to conform with names in Monster Manuel:
Beast with X Ears
Beast with X Eyes
X Stone Golem
X-headed Hydra
Ghost of Fernswarthy's Grandfather
X Bottles of Beer on a Golem
X-dimensional Horror

Winterbay

Both WHAM and BatBrain should now be updated to work with Mafia r11618. It therefore also will not work, at all, with revisions before this.

Theraze

Any way to avoid multi-use of meat shield? It's not really a good use of horde...
Request 4 of 45 (Lab: Cobb's Knob Laboratory) in progress...

[1031] Cobb's Knob Laboratory
Encounter: Knob Goblin Mad Scientist
Strategy: C:\Program Files (x86)\KoLmafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: Theraze wins initiative!
ATT: 50 (5.64% × 3.23, death in 1576)
DEF: 45 (95.45% × 208.73 (10) (4), win in 1)
HP: 36.75, Value: 116.66 μ
WHAM: Monster HP is 36.75.
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Profit per round: ActionProfitDamageOtherbase; Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot (21.3μ)21.33μ3.63 (-5.87 μ/dmg)Att: -1.1 (-0.01 DPR) Def: -1.1 6% stun chance HP: -1.13
Round 1: Theraze executes a macro!
Round 1: Theraze casts MEAT SHIELDS!
You acquire an effect: Meat Shielded (duration: 1 Adventure)
Round 2: Gofflesby shambles up to your opponent with a "Graaaaagh," and bites him on the head. He seems a little dazed by the experience.
Round 2: knob goblin mad scientist drops 11 attack power.
Round 2: knob goblin mad scientist drops 11 defense.
Round 2: Theraze casts MEAT SHIELDS!
Round 3: Theraze casts MEAT SHIELDS!
Round 4: Theraze casts MEAT SHIELDS!
Round 5: Gofflesby bleeps, "MEDICAL SYSTEMS ACTIVATED," and fires a dart into your neck. You suddenly feel much better.
You gain 39 hit points
Round 5: Theraze casts MEAT SHIELDS!
Round 6: Theraze casts MEAT SHIELDS!
Round 7: Gofflesby bleeps, "MEDICAL SYSTEMS ACTIVATED," and fires a dart into your neck. You suddenly feel much better.
You gain 38 hit points
Round 7: Theraze casts MEAT SHIELDS!
Round 8: You hear a faint howling of wind, and Gofflesby suddenly appears out of the shadows, holding your opponent's meat pouch.
You gain 149 Meat.
Round 8: Theraze casts MEAT SHIELDS!
Round 9: Gofflesby shouts "Yarrrr!" and battens your opponent's hatches for him. Violently. For 34 damage.
Round 9: knob goblin mad scientist takes 34 damage.
Round 9: Theraze casts MEAT SHIELDS!
Round 10: Theraze executes a macro!
Round 10: Theraze casts INFECTIOUS BITE!
Round 11: knob goblin mad scientist takes 11 damage.
Round 11: Theraze wins the fight!
You gain 46 Meat
You acquire an item: broken petri dish
You gain 6 Strengthliness
You gain 6 Mysteriousness
You gain 2 Cheek
Look! You found 1 broken petri dish (50μ)!

Winterbay

Ahh. Bummer... I'll look into that some more then :)

Edit: Also, that appears to be SmartStasis deciding that Meat Shields was the best stasis option, that sounds highly unlikely...

livercat

I'm using WHAM, BatBrain and SmartStasis. One of them tries to use Rain-Doh Indigo Cup twice in a fight (I have Funkslinging permed, might be related?). If I'm posting in a wrong thread, please let me know.
Attached is a gCLI output with verbosity 9.

P.S. On a different note, I've got an OPS equipped, and the 'Throw Shield' skill doesn't ever seem used. Is it intentional?

Attachments

• wham_output.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Winterbay

That is yet again SS double using an item (instead of a skill as in Theraze's report) that should probably only be used once.

Throw Shield is only used as a stun I think since neither batfactors nor batbrain has any information on anything else. However if it gets thrown it tries to perform a crit attack :)

livercat

Using Shield Throw as a simple stun wouldn't make any sense (it's only one turn, so it increases round count without benefit). No wonder it's never being considered as a useful action :)

Last edited:

Winterbay

Well, it could be used as a one-round stun to get a critical stun from Noodles but yes, it's not very well handled :)
If you have a good idea on a dynamic strategy that could be implemented I'd be interested to see what could be done.

Rinn

Developer
Throw shield is good if you can't hit the monster, I use it a ton in softcore ascension so I can get a critical with my normal weapon, then finish off the monster with more expensive means. Zombie is an excellent case for this, as it saves on needing to use extra ravenous pounces when running with a lot of ML.

livercat

Throw Shield is indeed quite useful. I might have been ambiguous in what I meant - that WHAM/BB/SS regards Throw Shield as a simple one-turn stun (without the knowledge of auto-crit), so it doesn't think it's a profitable action.
Upon searching this thread and the ones for BB and SS, it turns out that OPS issue was mentioned more than once and no simple solution for the Throw Shield logic was found.
As far as I see, part of the problem is these scripts don't know which action could crit with what effect.

Winterbay

I'm currently working on porting functionality over from SS to WHAM so that it can end up controlled by the dont-use-settings (specifically custom actions and stasis). I am currently thinking that some things can be left as autoused (bosskilling items for example). Can anyone come up with a good case against that?

Soluzar

WHAM isn't working for me right now. It's because of recent changes to Mafia to remove "the" from monster names, I think.

Bad monster value: "the spaghetti demon" (BatBrain.ash, line 1175)

Error messages look like that. I've tried to correct the errors by updating the names myself, but I know you'll want to fix this error in the distributed version eventually. I know that error message is from Batbrain, but several scripts including WHAM and its dependencies are generating various error messages. It's a minor pain in the butt for script authors that they decided to change this, but I guess there were good reasons...

Thanks for maintaining WHAM and your other scripts. I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but really I want to thank you for making extended aftercore less of a grind.

Last edited:

Valliant

Having a problem:
Code:
[507] Barrrney's Barrr
Encounter: That Explains All The Eyepatches
Encounter: tipsy pirate
Strategy: F:\Games\KoL\KoLmafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: ililili wins initiative!
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Round 1: ililili executes a macro!
Pirate insults known: 5 (17.86%)
Round 1: ililili casts BEAR-BACKRUB!
You gain 32 hit points
Round 2: ililili uses the The Big Book of Pirate Insults!
You acquire an effect: Embarrassed (duration: 1 Adventure)
You lose 13 hit points
Round 3: ililili executes a macro!
Round 3: ililili casts INFECTIOUS BITE!
Round 4: tipsy pirate takes 8 damage.
You lose 26 hit points
Round 4: ililili executes a macro!
Round 4: ililili casts INFECTIOUS BITE!
Round 5: tipsy pirate takes 8 damage.
You lose 25 hit points
Round 5: ililili executes a macro!
Round 5: ililili casts INFECTIOUS BITE!
Round 6: tipsy pirate takes 8 damage.
You lose 26 hit points
Round 6: ililili executes a macro!
Round 6: ililili casts INFECTIOUS BITE!
Round 7: tipsy pirate takes 8 damage.
You lose 25 hit points
Round 7: ililili executes a macro!
Round 7: ililili casts INFECTIOUS BITE!
Round 8: tipsy pirate takes 8 damage.
You lose 24 hit points
Round 8: ililili executes a macro!
Round 8: ililili casts INFECTIOUS BITE!
Round 9: tipsy pirate takes 8 damage.
You lose 24 hit points
Round 9: ililili executes a macro!
Round 9: ililili casts INFECTIOUS BITE!
Round 10: tipsy pirate takes 8 damage.
Round 10: ililili executes a macro!
Round 10: ililili casts INFECTIOUS BITE!
Round 11: tipsy pirate takes 8 damage.
You lose 25 hit points

Beaten Up cannot be removed with an available item or skill...
My best guess is that the SS calculated my survival based on my pre-embarrassment stats, and thus left me a little to weak to survive on my own. Is that right, and I need to not be cutting things so close, or is there some other solution?

Winterbay

The solution is that SS should not use infectious bite as a stasis option since it is marked as "once". It'll resolve when I get the new version out, until then I'm not really sure but not cutting it that close may be one way.

Winterbay

Version 3.8 has been posted which moves stasis and custom actions into WHAM and under the control of WHAM_dontuse which should hopefully remove some of the odd behaviour that has been experienced in the past. It also fixes the posted BatBrain and WHAM for the change to monster names in Mafia (you may also need to download the fixed version of SmartStasis over here in order for things to work smoothly).