Feature When /timer effect runs out, show it in the CLI

Greenen72

Not a big thing, but when I run out of turns of /timer, it would be nice to show it in the CLI. Since the use is to keep track of when it ends (and not necessarily wanting to stop when the effect runs out), I figure it's probably something that should go in the logs.

Theraze

Meh, does /timer really have a use besides giving the ultracolor shirt +50 to prismatic damage? At least, that's the only thing I use it for... besides that, a counter script will easily discard the counters I make for informational purposes.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You can also include "loc=*" (without quotes) as part of the counter name to make it not interrupt adventuring. That won't show up in the CLI when it gets down to 0 turns, though (since usually the fact that the counter doesn't exist is good enough, like with the shore counter).

Why would it be at all useful to show when a non-aborting timer (or /timer buff, though if you actually use the relay browser it will stop you with 1 turn left of that buff) runs out?

Erich

For folks asking about the use of /timer: I use multiple computers constantly. Without /timer, I wouldn't be able to track anything properly.

holatuwol

Developer
I think most people who use multiple computers use Dropbox or Google Drive with some form of symlinking?