What scripting support does Mafia have for Fernswarthy's Basement?

dj_d

I just noticed there's a "basement" CLI command, but I'm unclear exactly what it does.

I'd love to have a command that gave me all the handy spoiler stuff that's present in the relay browser, so I could programatically prepare for each basement session!

So does anyone know what all's there already?

Bale

Minion
[quote author=dj_d link=topic=2094.msg10562#msg10562 date=1229753051]
I just noticed there's a "basement" CLI command, but I'm unclear exactly what it does.

I'd love to have a command that gave me all the handy spoiler stuff that's present in the relay browser, so I could programatically prepare for each basement session!

So does anyone know what all's there already?
[/quote]

Here's full disclosure on the basement automation: http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com:8080/vb/showthread.php?p=2493919#post2493919

Bale

Minion
[quote author=lostcalpolydude link=topic=2094.msg10566#msg10566 date=1229760594]
Please tell me you had that bookmarked.
[/quote]

Actually, no. I went over to the forum's Q&A thread and used the search in thread function. I had the advantage of remembering that it was there so I could just search for basement outfits and then review the 11 posts found by my search. It seemed likely that the post was made by hola or vera so I didn't have to do much clicking to find it.

dj_d

Thanks Bale! I searched the archives and didn't manage to find that.

So it sounds like all the handy math that the relaybrowser does is unavailable to us scripters... a small request? It would be great if the information provided in the relay browser was programmatically available... even if it was just in a big string that we could parse ourselves. Like, it would be very useful to know that you need 6000 HP with your current equipment; that Ferrigno's potion will add 2000 HP given your current stats; etc.

Bale

Minion
You know, you could write a script that does that math. Admittedly it would be a bit of work

Check my recovery script. I calculate max hp/mp there to figure what happens when someone stops being beaten up or switches to the elite guard gear. That could help you with at least a bit of the problem. Lord knows if you created a basementing script that actually checked prices before buffing it would be awesome. You could even check the price of creating a potion vs purchasing it in the mall and act accordingly.

Unfortunately, it would do me no good if you created such a script since I'm doing my 7th and final telescope run once Crimbo ends. I doubt you could finish it while it still matters to me. However I bet a lot of other people would bless your name.

dj_d

@bale: you know me too well. :) Of course it would take prices in to account...
I'm not going to do all the work to re-invent the effect calculations, though. If Mafia can make that available, I may do the rest!

Bale

Minion
[quote author=dj_d link=topic=2094.msg10600#msg10600 date=1229820429]
@bale: you know me too well. :) Of course it would take prices in to account...
I'm not going to do all the work to re-invent the effect calculations, though. If Mafia can make that available, I may do the rest!
[/quote]
I'd have adored it if the script you're interested in making had existed before I began my telescope quest. I can't really blame you for not wanting to copy over every single one of those equations from the wiki. It seems like a lot of work.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
One issue is that I've been through the basement seven times and don't ever want to look at it again. ;)

There's another thread about Max MP % and such and how to apply those, and KoLmafia's basement code does know how to apply them, when deciding what effect this or that (Myst or MP boosting) skill has on your total MP, for use in the festering powder. I can see why you might want to have all this calculation exposed and available.

Maybe Jason - or somebody who still wants to play the the Basement - will add it, but it's low on my personal "to do" list. Sorry!