What pref gets rid of the "Recent Events" popup

I recently replaced my Global prefs file and now I get a "Recent Events" popup
window whenever I log in and have received KMail.

How do I get rid of it?

Thanks

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Go to Preferences
Go to Main Tabs
You will see Recent Events on the Startup as Window list
Select it and hit the Delete key

Go to Preferences
Go to Main Tabs

I *knew* I saw it somewhere, but I couldn't for the life of me remember.

So seeing that you directed me to the Main Tabs page, that reminds me of
another question I had.

I noticed that there is a "Coin Toss Game" in the Complete List on the left, and
if I put it into the Start Up on tabs in the right it does nothing when I restart
mafia. Is this a future unimplemented feature?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
No. It's a past de-implemented feature. It tries to bring up the MoneyMakingGameFrame. That used to give you your Bet Log, I think - or Callis's MMG GUI, if it was compiled in. The former has been removed, apparently, and the latter no longer works with the current KoLmafia, although I bet it could be made to work fairly easily, considering the recent work I've done.

I don't intend to either resurrect the old frame or provide a new GUI.

MsNicole

Go to Preferences
Go to Main Tabs

I see that "recent events" has been eliminated from the "Main Tabs" frame. I really liked this feature. Are there any plans to bring it back?

Theraze

They now display on the gCLI automatically. You'll see the contents of the window there.

MsNicole

They now display on the gCLI automatically. You'll see the contents of the window there.

That's nice to know. But the CLI is long and confusing. It's hard to sort through and impossible to do a keyword search on, and I just don't normally even look at it during the course of normal play except to clear conditions.

The social part of the game is just so much easier to keep track of in the old "recent events" window. I like knowing who's sent me kmails, smiles and candy hearts first thing.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
A not-quite-as-good solution is to type "events" into the CLI every 10 minutes or so to keep up on things. I would throw together a relay override, but that output isn't accessible to ASH.