New Content - Implemented West of Loathing - 2016 Spring Challenge!

Bale

Minion
The Snake Oiler skill, Long Con, can only be used 5 times a day. Once it has been used 5 times in a day, the skill no longer appears as an option in combat.

Please track this with a preference!

Terion

As of r16748, some other scaling reported from Manuel:

Manuel says that 'Clara' (1924) scales, but KoLmafia doesn't
Manuel says that 'Former Sheriff Dan Driscoll' (1922) scales, but KoLmafia doesn't
Manuel says that 'furious cow' (1926) scales, but KoLmafia doesn't
Manuel says that 'Granny Hackleton' (1925) scales, but KoLmafia doesn't
Manuel says that 'grizzled rodeo clown' (1933) scales, but KoLmafia doesn't
Manuel says that 'king snake' (1934) scales, but KoLmafia doesn't
Manuel says that 'menacing rodeo clown' (1930) scales, but KoLmafia doesn't
Manuel says that 'prince snake' (1931) scales, but KoLmafia doesn't
Manuel says that 'ungulith' (1932) scales, but KoLmafia doesn't

I haven't yet fought and added to Manuel the aggressive grass snake (mentioned 2 posts above), the emaciated rodeo clown, or the furious giant cow, but I'd wager they all scale as well.

Edit: Noticed that some LT&T bosses are listed in there as well; I'll post those in that thread.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
We can walk away from the following choices:
  • 1177 - Book of the West: Cow Punching
  • 1178 - Book of the West: Beanslinging
  • 1179 - Book of the West: Snake Oiling

Bale

Minion
I'd like to reiterate one of my requests for this path since I really want to add it to my scripts. (It will be used by both newLife and ChIT)

Like Boris, Jarlsberg and all the other avatar paths it would be great if AWoL tracked starting skill points. The complication is that it needs to track the three kinds of points separately and hence it needs three preferences. I propose:
  • awolCowpunchPoints
  • awolSnakeoilPoints
  • awolBeanslingPoints

Magus_Prime

I don't recall seeing any discussion regarding support for the "holster" pseudo-slot. The slot only seems to appear once you go to a holster-able inventory item and select the "holster" action.

digitrev

Unknown item found: Memories of Cow Punching (8986, 854594023)
--------------------
8986 Memories of Cow Punching 854594023 pamphlet.gif usable t 0
# Item Memories of Cow Punching: Grants one AWOL "skill point" as a Cow Puncher (In future ascensions)
Item Memories of Cow Punching Free Pull
--------------------
Unknown item found: Memories of Beanslinging (8987, 239656627)
--------------------
8987 Memories of Beanslinging 239656627 pamphlet.gif usable t 0
# Item Memories of Beanslinging: Grants one AWOL "skill point" as a Beanslinger (In future ascensions)
Item Memories of Beanslinging Free Pull
--------------------
Unknown item found: Memories of Snake Oiling (8988, 613587003)
--------------------
8988 Memories of Snake Oiling 613587003 pamphlet.gif usable t,d 0
# Item Memories of Snake Oiling: Grants one AWOL "skill point" as a Snake Oiler (In future ascensions)
--------------------

Tracking for the number of oils extracted with Extract Oil would be great too.

You're limited to 15 successful extractions per day.

Just seconding this request. Thanks for all the path-handling work that's already been done!

Successful extraction (counting toward the 15/day limit) looks like this:
Code:
You plunge your trusty oil extractor into your opponent and pull the plunger. He is not happy about this, and comes after you with renewed vigor.

Failed extraction looks like either of these:
Code:
Your oil extractor is [X]% clogged up, and you don't manage to get a usable quantity out. The attempt is still very upsetting to your opponent.
or
Code:
Your oil extractor is completely clogged up at this point. All you do is make him mad.

I've been running a slightly flakey afteradventure script to track my oil extractions, and I've found it useful to specifically track which types of oil I've extracted too (since I know I want N extractions of each oil on specific days, and its easier than keeping track of how many of each oil I've used + how many I currently have).

That might be a bit niche though.

The Snake Oiler skill, Long Con, can only be used 5 times a day. Once it has been used 5 times in a day, the skill no longer appears as an option in combat.

Please track this with a preference!
Successful use reads:
Code:
You memorize some important details about this enemy, to use against he later.
According to the wiki:
  • The effect persists through rollover.
  • Using this skill against a second enemy replaces "olfaction" of the first one.

Typos like that are pretty common. I get the feeling that a lot of the behind-the-scenes variables must be confusingly named, because linguistic mixups are everywhere. You can find tons of examples in the In-Game Spelling/Grammar Errors, Typos forum thread. I'm not sure whether Mafia has a style policy of only regexing against full sentences, but if not, fortunately, it could simply match "You memorize some important details about this enemy". That would future-proof against the typo being fixed.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
More like "memorize some important details", really. Pronouns are horrible to match even when there is no typo because they (should) vary depending on the monster.