Feature Warnings in Pyramid

Darzil

Developer
Would it be possible to add "Are you sure" warnings when in the relay browser trying any of the following :

Clicking on Lower Chamber when you haven't killed Ed, haven't got a token or bomb, and can't get a token from current Lower Chamber setting.
Clicking on Lower Chamber when you haven't killed Ed, have got a token and no bomb, and can't get a bomb from current Lower Chamber setting.
Clicking on Lower Chamber when you haven't killed Ed, havet got a token and bomb, and can't blow up the pile of rocks from current Lower Chamber setting.
Clicking on Middle Chamber when you haven't killed Ed, haven't got a token or bomb, and can get a token from current Lower Chamber setting.
Clicking on Middle Chamber when you haven't killed Ed, have got a token and no bomb, and can get a bomb from current Lower Chamber setting.
Clicking on Middle Chamber when you haven't killed Ed, havet got a token and bomb, and can blow up the pile of rocks from current Lower Chamber setting.

I know there is a nice pyramid.ash script that does this, but some of it's functions are now in Mafia, and it's protections don't currently seem to work with Mafia's redrawings of the Pyramid state.

The reasoning behind the request is that Mafia is good at protecting us from our own stupidity or misclicks in several places, and this one can cost a lot of turns very easily.

Note - previously requested here http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?7019-Lower-Chamber-Protection&highlight=pyramid, and rejected on the grounds that the script existed.

Last edited:

NataliaM

I was coming on to post this exact thing, since I just accidentally lag-clicked the lower chamber twice after getting the bomb, wasting it. We have clover and semi-rare protection, this one bit would be a wonderful addition.

Theraze

Is there a good reason to avoid the script? If the problem is that redraws don't load the override script, that would be either a feature (Make page redraws also use relay scripts) or a bug (Page redraws currently avoid using relay scripts) and should be submitted as such...

NataliaM

for me, i've never used the script. So maybe it would be handled ok there- but is there any reason not to include the protection functionality in mafia itself? like i mentioned, there are already several other protections, and I don't know of any reason you'd want to adventure in the lower chamber other than the 'correct' times to do so.

i will definitely look into this script, though