Bug - Fixed Using r11126, problem using relay browser on localhost

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Edit by Minion, this post and several others were moved here from the SVN thread. It is best to get them into the bug report so that an explanation of the problem and holatuwol's solution are available to explain that the bug is fixed.

FWIW, I pulled in this commit, rebuilt, and started up - and I am unable to connect to my browser.
I turned on the "allow external programs to connect" preference, and all is well again.

I would think it should work, locally, regardless of that setting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laughing_Jack

Agreed, especially for those (like me) that tend to just update and run w/o reading changelists. I almost missed hastily running my turns before rollover because I got distracted spending time trying to track down what happened to my firewall settings... ;)

parastra

KoLmafia refuses to accept connections from localhost/127.0.0.1 unless the "Allow network devices to access relay browser" preference is enabled.

I don't want to allow access from any device on the network, but I do want to be able to use the relay browser on the same computer that mafia is running on.

Darzil

Developer
Sounds like the browser is wrongly programmed and only accepts 127.0.0.1 as localhost. They should re-read their networking standards.

Edit - To clarify more specifically, the browser should consider 127.x.x.x as localhost, as well as the actual IPs on the computer.

Last edited:

holatuwol

Developer
Eh, once I found out that binding to the generic localhost wound up binding to a single arbitrary value for localhost instead of everything on the loopback interface, I was debating on listening on all addresses and doing IP filtering after accepting the client connection, or listening only on one address and leaving it at that.

I ultimately decided on the latter (just seemed cleaner), but if you come up with a way to bind to all of 127.x.x.x in Java without having to do IP filtering after accepting the client connection, I'm open to making the required changes.