Feature - Implemented Use Soft green echo eyedrop antidote to uneffect beaten up

Greenen72

I'm not exactly sure I'm doing something wrong or other, but I've added a trigger to uneffect beaten up when I gain it, and it never fails in using a tiny house instead of a soft green(..), which is kind of annoying and wasteful when you have 300 soft greens/10 tiny houses, and some 1000 max HP.

If I'm not inherently doing something wrong, I'd request a way to change this

Bale

Minion
Mafia has a preference: General -> "Auto-remove malignant status effects"

Is this the problem?

slyz

Developer
An SGEEA costs slightly more than a Tiny House, and removes many more unwanted effects. Why do you consider it "annoying and wasteful" to use a Tiny House instead of an SGEEA in this case?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm curious how you plan to restore your HP after removing beaten up. Regardless, closeting your tiny houses will keep mafia from using them (as long you haven't told mafia to use items in your closet).

Bale

Minion
An SGEEA costs slightly more than a Tiny House, and removes many more unwanted effects. Why do you consider it "annoying and wasteful" to use a Tiny House instead of an SGEEA in this case?

He already explained that. It's because he's got a large stockpile of SGEEAs and doesn't know how to use the mall. (SGEEAs cost about 22 meat more in the mall.)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The opportunity cost argument doesn't exactly apply here since you probably can't mallsell them for the same price you can buy them at, and non-mall purchase methods have a non-negligible real world time cost.

slyz

Developer
It's because he's got a large stockpile of SGEEAs and doesn't know how to use the mall.
Mafia will start using the SGEEAs once it runs out of Tiny Houses, right? I guess he wants to keep the Tiny Houses for something else, but I'm wondering what that is.

roippi

Developer
As has been stated, you have both things and mafia is using the one that costs less. I can't fathom how this is "annoying."

But conveniently, if you want to override this optimal behavior, you can write your own recoveryscript. So I'll cheerfully mark this implemented, as the requested override functionality already exists.

Greenen72

Oh yes, brilliant idea, I'll just let my soft green stockpile sit in the mall while the other some 20k at minprice sell out, while I sit on top of my Medicinal Herb stockpile that costs 114 meat less per pop than a tiny house, and are far more effective at higher levels.

Thanks for being condescending :)

Bale

Minion
You still haven't explained why using a tiny house is wasteful.

Yes, he did. It is because he's got a small pile of SGEEAs, but has comparitively few tiny houses. You can disagree with the sense of that, but he already explained that having a high SGGEA:tiny house ratio is a bad thing. The mall is not a solution since he is not likely to swiftly sell SGEEAs and any items are also accounted in the imbalance.

Last edited:

Theraze

But the bottom line, as I see it, is that the functionality to override it already exists in mafia, as slyz pointed out. Also the default behaviour is better for most people, so that shouldn't be changed...

Wow... I know I should have already known this but I use the sgeea ALL the time and closet my houses thinking the sgeea was better (been playing forever and got stuck in my head it was the other way around). Looks like it's time to swap these 2 out of storage now ;) now I have an issue... Bale, I have your script in my relay browser, but I am apparently retarded as I can't for the life of me figure out how to use it (and yes I do need the update) so being as I can find the update on my own is there a general way I should start setting up your script so I can put it to use and read up and learn a little as I go while already having it do the simple stuff I should already be doing?

So here's my issue:

I am trying to non-optimally automate a couple of characters in HC. I don't want to disable moods, but rather want to remove Beaten-up by burning turns in a low-level area. Is there a way to disable the automatic SGEED without turning off the mood function?

Ahhhh! "Auto-remove malignant status effects" strictly applies to autoremoving with SGEED and not autoremoving with any other method. Opacity clarified.

EDIT: Problem solved.....after an hour of digging through other scripts that were also trying call Mafia's autoremove. Thanks!!

Last edited: