Bug - Fixed [use] link in relay browser is decrementing Session Results when item doesn't exist

Terion

Happening in the current build, r16850. Don't know if this has existed for a while, it's not something I'm usually watching.

Just happened to notice this when I was clicking the [use] link next to the snake oils dropped by a prince snake, and then confirmed it (and got the attached debug log) with a rotting barrel. If I keep clicking the [use] link after the item has been used up, the Session Results counter for the item will go negative and keep dropping as I keep clicking, although I'm getting the "You don't have the item you're trying to use." result on screen.

This is not affecting mafia's knowledge of how many of the item I have; a gCLI entry of "inv snake oil" and "inv rotting barrel" were not giving negative numbers. So this seems to be more a cosmetic problem than a functional one.

Attachments

• DEBUG use link.txt
    106.9 KB · Views: 88

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Don't do that.

It's presumably a general issue with UseItemRequest.parseConsumption, or something; it should simply bail early if the response says "You don't have the item you're trying to use".