Bug - Cannot Reproduce "use all pvp fights" leaves 3 unused fights

wiseworm

i usually break the stone at the start of the run, to have a ~50 pvp fights to burn before jumping through the gash again. What's happening consistently is that after i use the cli to automate the fights I always have 3 PvP fights left.
Here's a summary:
I have 52 PvP fights;
I use the CLI command "pvp flowers ballyhoo" (that accordingly to the wiki should: use ALL remaining fights, pick flowers, not compare stats);
then mafia prints:
Use all remaining PVP attacks to steal flowers via ballyhoo
Attack 1 of 49
You gain a little swagger
You challenged someone and lost the PvP fight, 3 to 4!
Wiseworm lost 61 Strengthliness
Wiseworm lost 52 Enchantedness
Wiseworm lost 59 Cheek
Attack 2 of 49
Attack 49 of 49
You gain a little swagger
You challenged someone and lost the PvP fight, 2 to 5!
Wiseworm lost 62 Beefiness
Wiseworm lost 54 Magicalness
Wiseworm lost 54 Sarcasm
You have 3 attacks remaining.

So mafia can count my fights but refuse to use them all???
It's a minor issue, but sure it's strange.

Bale

Minion
I believe that I know what happened to you. If I'm correct it isn't a KoLmafia bug and you can fix the problem.

First a question about your KoL options. Are you displaying your PvP Fights in the charpane? This is controlled by KoL options -> Interface -> "Character Pane Options" -> "Display PvP Fights Remaining in the Character Pane". If I am correct, then simply check that box to fix the issue.

I'll explain. Mafia only checks how many fights you have when you log on and when your charpane loads. During the course of a day you get a CSA Fire-starting kit and use it to gain 3 additional fights. Those are the 3 fights that it is not automating.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Then taking the CSA firestarting kit choice that gives you three fights should increment the PVP fight counter.

Bale

Minion
Then taking the CSA firestarting kit choice that gives you three fights should increment the PVP fight counter.

I stand corrected. That would be a relevant bug.

Still waiting for info from wiseworm to confirm.....

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia doesn't parse pvp fights remaining from the charpane (from what I remember). It does parse pvp fights gained from using the fire-starting kit, or should at least.

wiseworm

i already had the number of PvP fights displayed (it was 52) and i'm sure that i haven't used the CSA-fire kit (because i always forget about it)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
i'm sure that i haven't used the CSA-fire kit

Then since "pvp flowers ballyhoo" always works perfectly for me, I find myself puzzled about your problem. Can you at least tell us if you have enabled PvP fights in your character pane?

wiseworm

sorry for ninjaing you, i had already edited my previous post...
btw, i already had my pvp fights in the left pane, it was 52 (the same number was in the mafia left pane)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia thinks you have 49 fights when it starts using them. Once a fight is used, mafia parses your remaining fights from the resulting page loads. It's likely that mafia is using fire- starting kits during breakfast without you noticing. You can use pvp_attacks_left() at various times to find out when mafia gets out of sync with KoL.

Bale

Minion
i already had my pvp fights in the left pane, it was 52 (the same number was in the mafia left pane)

Wait! What? You have PvP Fights displayed in two places? One is the left pane of the relay browser and the other is the left pane of mafia? My copy of mafia does not display PvP Fights in the left pane so I am rather confused. Am I correct in interpreting this as the main KoLmafia window displaying PvP Fights? Please explain.

wiseworm

uh, sorry. i've confused things.
pvp fights are in the relay browser in the left pane.
i'm ascending tomorrow, i'll try to document every passage if this bug comes up again.

wiseworm

ok, i broke the prism, used my pvp fights and the problem didn't appear.
now i'm wondering if it was caused by the goth kid, him giving bonus fights and mafia not understanding it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If you're adventuring with Anapests active or something like that (maybe some rad lib stuff), mafia would likely fail to recognize goth kid fights gained. Marking Cannot Reproduce for now.