Universal Recovery Script

Plastikmaniac

Error

Bad familiar value: "Pair of Stomping Boots" (Universal_recovery.ash, line 106)

... I don't have that familiar. It's halting the entire script. What's going on?

Bale

Minion
Exactly what Theraze says. Your copy of mafia does not know about that familiar. Since it is referenced in the script your mafia needs to know about it even if you don't have it.

fxer

Here's a new one, any idea why it used all those items instead of casting cocoon? In WotSF right now

Code:
Restoring HP! Currently at 247 of 892 HP, 294 of 836 MP, current meat: 1479 ... Target HP = 892.
Campground request 1 of 1 in progress...

[630] Rest in your dwelling
You gain 40 hit points
You gain 40 Muscularity Points

[630] Rest in your dwelling
You gain 40 hit points
You gain 53 Meat

Using 8 ancient Magi-Wipes...
You gain 458 hit points
You gain 443 Muscularity Points
Finished using 8 ancient Magi-Wipes.
Using 1 comfy pillow...
You gain 30 hit points
Finished using 1 comfy pillow.
Using 1 cast...
You gain 20 hit points
Finished using 1 cast.

Bale

Minion
That's operating as intended. In hardcore/ronin, if items will solve the problem without any restoration being wasted, then items will be used.

Theraze

No clue why it does this... just did it again.
You have a current version of Universal Recovery.
Restoring MP! Currently at 51 of 51 HP, 2 of 162 MP, current meat: 16361 ... Target MP = 65.
Using 1 six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola...
You acquire New Cloaca-Cola (6)
Finished using 1 six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola.
You need 1 more six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola to continue.
Purchasing magical mystery juice (4 @ 100)...
You acquire magical mystery juice (4)
You spent 400 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 4 magical mystery juice...
You gain 68 Mana Points
Finished using 4 magical mystery juice.
Took my 6-pack, broke it... and then said it wanted another 6-pack. That's... rather confused.

The script just used a beer-scented teddy bear even though I don't yet have my organ. Level 9 AT HCNP here.

Thanks for this awesome script!

Bale

Minion
It will use the teddy bear if you have Azazel's unicorn even if you don't have the organ. You did already get Azazel's unicorn, right? If so, then it was being helpful.

Sorry for the slow reply... but I didn't yet have the unicorn, no.

Also, I have another puzzling example: why does the script choose cocoon over tongue or power nap here?

Restoring HP! Currently at 37 of 83 HP, 50 of 131 MP, current meat: 31 ... Target HP = 63.
_meatperhp => 7.3913045
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You gain 46 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.

Bale

Minion
You didn't tell me which Tongue. You also didn't tell me if you have any gear that changes the MP cost of skills. I'd like to answer because Cocoon will get you up to 63 HP minimum for the least MP, but even not knowing that information I think something might be suspect. (I've got an idea what the problem might have been.)

Just to check: Which tongue> Are you sure you mean disco power nap, not just disco nap? Did any gear or effects change mp costs?

Apologies for the lack of detail. I have tongue of the walrus and disco power nap; neither of the alternatives. I have no -MP cost gear (in hardcore)

You didn't tell me which Tongue. You also didn't tell me if you have any gear that changes the MP cost of skills. I'd like to answer because Cocoon will get you up to 63 HP minimum for the least MP, but even not knowing that information I think something might be suspect. (I've got an idea what the problem might have been.)

Just to check: Which tongue> Are you sure you mean disco power nap, not just disco nap? Did any gear or effects change mp costs?

Bale

Minion
Then that is definitely a problem. Though I think I've found the cause. I'll work on it and post the fix when I'm done.

Winterbay

Is this normal behaviour?
Code:
Restoring HP! Currently at 62 of 297 HP, 55 of 139 MP, current meat: 2566 ... Target HP = 283.

[927] Rest in your dwelling
You gain 38 hit points

[927] Rest in your dwelling
You gain 39 hit points

Try to heal HP from inventory.
Using 1 Medicinal Herb's medicinal herbs...
You gain 158 hit points

I'm currently in a HC fist-run with HP-recovery set to restore when below 25% up to 95% and no MP-recovery. I would've thought that if it were to use my Herbs it would do so first since it wasn't supposed to restore any MP at all...

ETA: I still have 2 more free rests, but I guess it didn't want to use them since my MP was full after the first two (indicated by MP burning triggering just after).

Bale

Minion
OH! That's actually rather interesting! It is using the medicinal herb from inv_hp_restore() rather than fullheal() since it's presence in your inventory raises max_heal() above target - my_hp() and consequently it tries to stack it with resting. How utterly horrid!

I need to seriously pull apart the healing logic and reconstruct it better to fix that problem. One day I will, when the mood strikes me.

Winterbay

Found another interesting thing today:
Code:
Purchasing some magical mystery juices for use as a     combat restorative.
Searching for "magical mystery juice"...
Search     complete.
Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 1, got 0)

The unexpected part is not the failure to buy but the fact that it tried since I'm a TT at the moment...

Winterbay

Yes, I did have mall available, but I was also in aftercore which I've been before and not had this problem. Also, it has since stopped. I have no idea why.