Universal Recovery Script

Winterbay

The script uses zarqon's mapmanager to which anyone can upload datafiles and if the file already exists it replaces the old one with the new one. Can of course be problematic when someone uploads something that isn't working but that doesn't happen very often :)

adeyke

The script doesn't seem to be aware of the 3 free rests gotten by having an Unconscious Collective in your terrarium. I get 7 free rests, but UR only uses 4 of them.

Bale

Minion
Thank you. Probably switching over to svn updating soon. In the meantime...

Universal recovery v 3.10.10 released!

Changelog:
version 3.10.10 June 2, 2013
  • Unconscious Collective adds 3 rests

Download Universal Recovery v3.10.10 here: View attachment 7697
(Universal_Recovery.ash goes in the /scripts folder)​

Bale

Minion
Since it has been three weeks since that last post I suspect that folks are wondering when UR will be released on SVN. The surprising answer is: Never.

Instead this has motivated me to get back to work on 1Up, my long delayed successor to UR. Once I complete it I will release 1Up on svn. UR will be semi-retired and never released on SVN although it will still be available in this thread in case someone doesn't like the choices made by 1Up. Since UR and 1Up are completely different I'm sure that someone will prefer UR.

I really like how that script is shaping up so I hope I can finish it sometime reasonably soon. Dang thing is complicated though so I have a few conceptual hurdles to leap over before I can complete it. Hopefully it will only be another month if I can stay motivated this time.

Palinathas

Since it has been three weeks since that last post I suspect that folks are wondering when UR will be released on SVN. The surprising answer is: Never.

Instead this has motivated me to get back to work on 1Up, my long delayed successor to UR. Hopefully it will only be another month if I can stay motivated this time.

Bale, thank you for your work on these scripts. You have made my KoL experience much better. I really appreciate your time and work!

Bale

Minion
New value calculation system? Sounds fun, thanks for the time.

I'm basically adapting the batbrain system. I try to assign a value to everything (easy when you have access to the mall, but more arbitrary in hardcore) and then sort opts. It makes for a much shorter and faster script since there are no special cases. On the other hand if it doesn't work it might screw up in completely surprising ways. I haven't finished enough of it to try it out yet. Making everything a general case is tricky.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'm basically adapting the batbrain system. I try to assign a value to everything (easy when you have access to the mall, but more arbitrary in hardcore) and then sort opts. It makes for a much shorter and faster script since there are no special cases. On the other hand if it doesn't work it might screw up in completely surprising ways. I haven't finished enough of it to try it out yet. Making everything a general case is tricky.

I have thought about the valuation issue. I think the values are not constant. Some things with a high mall price are worth keeping and selling outside of the run. Other things are cheaper and should be used in run. In Ronin is an item worth some kind of intrinsic value or is it worth the cost of a pull? I have yet to come up with a comprehensive scheme so I tend to value at Mall Price and then see where that gives me the "wrong" answer.

zarqon

I think the biggest difference in evaluating restorative items in Hardcore vs. Ronin vs. aftercore is in opportunity cost (i.e. wasted potential recovery). For example, using a phonics down to restore HP when you're at full MP has an opportunity cost of MP you could have gained, which might be high in Hardcore (i.e. the full 48 MP * meatpermp) since the item is not renewable without spending turns. In aftercore, however, the opportunity cost would be no more than the mall price of another phonics down (230 meat), and in Ronin it would be no more than the cost of a pull (although it's likely the pull threshold is high enough that it's still the full MP cost).

Razorsoup

Is there an option I can enable/disable to stop UR from aborting with the message "Running out of meat! Time to take some out of the closet..."?

Bale

Minion
No such option exists.

That message will only appear when you have mall access, so theoretically if you see it, you have a problem. Hence nobody has ever complained about that abort before. Can you explain why a lack of meat during aftercore is not an abort-worthy issue?

Razorsoup

No such option exists.

That message will only appear when you have mall access, so theoretically if you see it, you have a problem. Hence nobody has ever complained about that abort before. Can you explain why a lack of meat during aftercore is not an abort-worthy issue?

It usually is an abort-worthy issue. I'm probably the only person who would ever have this issue but my alt who is currently a seal clubber was trying to complete The Broodling Grounds part of the nemesis quest and kept getting beaten up, with UR doing it's thing and spending all of his meat in the process (he didn't have much to start with). I kept getting this message when I tried to go elsewhere to farm some more meat effectively preventing me from solving the very problem UR was complaining about. So I was looking for a way to shut this off, at least temporarily since it normally is a good thing. Like I said, I'm probably the only person who will ever have this problem so if there isn't already an option or easy solution, there isn't any real need to add one.

Bale

Minion
The best choices are to go to your recovery settings and tell it not to recovery health and mana ur use set recoveryScript = to disable the recovery script so mafia can do its default healing. Until you have some meat.

Bale

Minion
Universal recovery v 3.10.11 released!

Changelog:
version 3.10.11 July 2, 2013
  • Broken by KoLmafia r12264. Updated to use new location name.
  • A little bit of refactoring caused by adapting some functions for 1Up.

Download Universal Recovery v3.11.10 here: View attachment 7755
(Universal_Recovery.ash goes in the /scripts folder)​

Winterbay

Any plans to migrate this to SVN?

See last page where the following was stated:

Instead this has motivated me to get back to work on 1Up, my long delayed successor to UR. Once I complete it I will release 1Up on svn. UR will be semi-retired and never released on SVN although it will still be available in this thread in case someone doesn't like the choices made by 1Up. Since UR and 1Up are completely different I'm sure that someone will prefer UR.

I really like how that script is shaping up so I hope I can finish it sometime reasonably soon. Dang thing is complicated though so I have a few conceptual hurdles to leap over before I can complete it. Hopefully it will only be another month if I can stay motivated this time.