Universal Recovery Script

zarqon

Glad the pixel potion thing is fixed, that bit me in the buttocks this ascension.

Thanks for all your attention to user feedback, Bale.

Braska

I don't really tell anyone on here thank you as much as I should. But thank you Bale, this really is an awesome script.

(I'll also throw in thanks to Zarqon, Veracity, JH, and everyone else providing awesome scripts, builds, and user support.)

MapleMario

AMAZING script you've got here - works SO much better than the mafia recovery.

There is one bug that I'd like to report, unless it's intentional. I have a level 7 TT (pre-asc, so it's in mallcore). I read somewhere that for mallcore it doesn't matter what options you have checked, since the script will just get the best restoratives (obviously, buying better items is just the same as conserving meat). Thus, I've unchecked all of the restorative options in mafia (good idea? I think not, but I still did it).

Anyways, I've been experiencing a bug lately where for HP (I think it's only HP...) the script attempts to heal FOR your maxhp instead of TO your maxhp.

So, 60/123 HP:

Restoring HP! Currently at 60 of 123 HP, 35 of 35 MP... Target HP = 123.
[omitted searching output]
Using cached search results for filthy poultice...
Purchasing filthy poultice (1 @ 170)...
You acquire an item: filthy poultice
Purchases complete.
Using 1 filthy poultice...
You gain 111 hit points
Finished using 1 filthy poultice.

It attempted to heal about 50 HP more than it should've. Is this supposed to happen? I'm assuming that it is tied to the fact that all of my regular mafia restorative options are unchecked (except, apparently, rest at your campground and free disco rest).

Not a critical issue, but something you might want to check out.

Bale

Minion
In mallcore mode it will over-heal if it is cheaper than not over-healing. It's conserving meat, not items. Odds are that it was saving your meat.

Incidentally, un-checking all restorative options will keep you from using the Nuns after that quest is completed. Also, if you ascend and enter Ronin again it will keep you from using any of those items.

Glad to hear that you two are enjoying the script. :D

MapleMario

Ah. Well then, I suppose I must thank you. =P

Seriously, though, this is a GREAT script. I can't get over how much reason there is for mafia to standardize it. But yeah, I know, the original recovery from kolmafia works for most people. I think.

Anyways, if I come across any more bugs, I'll report them ASAP.

MapleMario

Lol. I haven't done a single HCO run, especially not Myst or back to back.

It's being slightly annoying in "hardcore mode" (I'm in Ronin) at levels 1-3 so far, but still better than the default restoration stuff. Although I did have to rest a few times due to lack of meat.

Bale

Minion
It's being slightly annoying in "hardcore mode" (I'm in Ronin) at levels 1-3 so far, but still better than the default restoration stuff. Although I did have to rest a few times due to lack of meat.

I'd recommend turning down the settings for the first few levels. Try restoring MP at 0% and only healing MP up to 10%. That helps. It'll still restore MP for skill casting as usual, but you don't really need the extra MP unless you're preparing for Olfaction. Pool Table also helps a lot. ;)

Bale

Minion
Universal recovery v 2.8 released!

Changelog:
version 2.8 May 25, 2009
  • Hot Tub support for healing, curing poison and recovering from beaten up
  • A few bugfixes and improvements

This requires KolMafia build 7310 or higher. Download it here.

Last edited:

onionion

Thanks for putting so much time into this, Bale. I love it.

I would love to see this script buy MMJs as a level 9+ Accordion Thief instead of buying knob goblin seltzers. I have to remember to keep myself stocked with them.

And maybe allow you to set how much spleen you are willing to give up a day to medicinal herbs. (I have a llama and haven't permed Pulverize, so I usually have 3 spleen wasted per day.)

EdFox

Damn! You are fast, Bale. I was halfway reading the change notes on 7311 and thought "omg, I hope Bale puts in the tub" and there's your comment. Masterful work. :)

StormCrow42

I would love to see this script buy MMJs as a level 9+ Accordion Thief instead of buying knob goblin seltzers. I have to remember to keep myself stocked with them.

You mean like this line, which is already included?
Code:
boolean buy_mmj = my_primestat() == $stat[mysticality] || (my_class() == $class[accordion thief] && my_level() >= 9);
It always works for me.

And maybe allow you to set how much spleen you are willing to give up a day to medicinal herbs. (I have a llama and haven't permed Pulverize, so I usually have 3 spleen wasted per day.)

That sounds like an interesting idea, and easier to track now that mafia has auto-resetting variables.

Bale

Minion
Not that it really hurts anything, but the script attempts to access the hot tub in BM.
Ick. That's more of a problem than you think since it may use the Hot Tub to cure Beaten Up and it will think it worked, but leave you Beaten Up when it fails. I'll fix that now.

Universal recovery v 2.81 released!

Changelog:
version 2.81 May 25, 2009
  • Fixed Bad Moon bug

Rinn

Developer
Even if I have mafia set to not restore MP, your script still tries to restore a small amount. This is right after an ascension.

> Restoring MP! Currently at 15 of 132 HP, 0 of 109 MP... Target MP = 2.

StormCrow42

Even if I have mafia set to not restore MP, your script still tries to restore a small amount. This is right after an ascension.

> Restoring MP! Currently at 15 of 132 HP, 0 of 109 MP... Target MP = 2.

Mafia will invoke an MP restore to cast buffs, regardless of your MP restore settings. Perhaps you have something in your mood?