Universal Recovery Script

VinnyB

I'm actually a little bit confused by VinnyB's statement. It would seem to me, with such a specialized dwelling that one would want manual control over when to rest within said dwelling in order to gain the buff at opportune times, rather than merely when hp/mp deemed the restoration from resting necessary. Personally, if I were in VinnyB's situation, I would disallow UR from resting in my dwelling if the meat/item drop buff was meant to be conserved and manually choose to rest as needed to gain the buff, letting UR use other methods of restoring hp/mp as needed.
The thing is, I only get the +item/meat buff once per day. So, while the first rest does indeed function more as a +item/meat buff, the second and third rests are legit HP/MP restores.

(sorry about the delay)

Spiny

The thing is, I only get the +item/meat buff once per day. So, while the first rest does indeed function more as a +item/meat buff, the second and third rests are legit HP/MP restores.

(sorry about the delay)

I get that, so after you've used your buff whenever it is that you want it, re-enable resting within UR so it can use it for healing, then before logging out, disable it again so it's prepped for the next day's buff usage. I thought the whole point of your post was asking for a way to prevent UR from wasting your buff by resting when you didn't want to use the buff. It's easy to enable and disable the option to suit your needs of the moment.

Theraze

Probably suggest aliasing that... make an alias that rests and enables the UR disco, and have one that just disables disco. can either put that into your logout script if you have one, or just do it manually at end of day. But not really something for Bale to change...

Bale

Minion
But not really something for Bale to change...

I'm not entirely sure of that. However, I'd need someone to show me a reasonable heuristic before I could change it.

VinnyB, is your heuristic to only allow disco resting if one rest was already done, thereby allowing the use to chose the time that the buff is granted? (Assuming you have specific housing.) What housing would be included in that category? Are there times when you'd want a free rest to be used even if you haven't gotten the buff yet that day? Is there anything else I should know?

Spiny

Specialized dwellings include:

Pyramid - first 3 rests per day offer Pyramid Power (20 turn buff)

Gingerbread house and ANY dwelling decorated with any one or more of the following: Crimbo wreath, string of Crimbo lights, plastic Crimbo reindeer - first rest per day Holiday Bliss (5-50 turn buff)

Hobo Fortress - When resting you get 10 turns of Hobonic. I'm not certain if this is every time you rest or once per day, the wiki isn't clear on that.

Furthermore, even more specialized would be dwellings containing the tasteful gift items: black-and-blue light, blue plasma ball, and Loudmouth Larry Lamprey. They each provide short duration buffs that are no longer available after 3-5 uses without reinstalling.

Theraze

The script is now printing HPTrouble/MPTrouble = false on every healing, since the split... is this a planned change? It didn't print trouble when there was only one, and I haven't changed my verbosity level.

Bale

Minion
I don't know what you mean by a split. However I do know what is causing the response.

You changed a setting. In the relay browser's user interface, set "Never abort automation, even if restoration fails" to false. Then it will stop giving you that information.

Jatopian

I've noticed that this script uses tiny house to remove Beaten Up, then claims it couldn't remove Beaten Up and I should go adventure somewhere wussier.

Theraze

Ah, true... I did set that, because I wanted it to keep running even when <gasps> hptrouble or mptrouble happened. Guess I just live with the messages. :)

What I meant by the split was, at some point in this 97 pages of changes (I think it was one of the July burst), you made the automation continuation variable (which I set so Ed the Undying wouldn't break scripts, and promptly forgot about). Initially, it had one variable being set, trouble, if memory serves. The problem was that it was being set by hp, then mp would overwrite it immediately, so if someone was checking if there was hp trouble, but mp was fine... no abort. Reported initially in post 914. :) Then you split off the trouble variable into hptrouble and mptrouble... I was incorrectly assuming it was displaying these because of some script change, not because they were finally getting used. :)

Bale

Minion
Gotcha. Then you know what those properties can be used to alert you of.

I've noticed that this script uses tiny house to remove Beaten Up, then claims it couldn't remove Beaten Up and I should go adventure somewhere wussier.

Could you please copy-paste from your session log. It shouldn't be doing that so I need a clue as to why it does so. If you could possibly set verbosity to maximum when you do that, it would help me even more.

Bale

Minion
We know what the tiny house does. The puzzle is that UR is allegedly claiming that it failed to remove Beaten Up after using the house.

Theraze

Which is why I asked for:
Any chance you may not actually have a tiny house and are having Kolmafia incorrectly reporting your inventory? Basically, does the Tiny House restore health/mana, or is it just failing?

I've noticed this in the past sometimes randomly myself, I think... but I think it's when inventory glitches and it incorrectly thinks I have a TH, and I actually don't. The cure fails, obviously, because of it not actually existing...

Bale

Minion
It should. It says:

Code:
	// Use Medicinal Herb's medicinal herbs?
boolean use_herb = contains_text(hpAutoRecoveryItems, "medicinal herb's medicinal herbs")
	&& (my_primestat() == $stat[muscle] || item_amount($item[Medicinal Herb's medicinal herbs]) > 0
	|| (my_class() == $class[accordion thief] && my_level() >= 9));

Why? Did you have an incident where it didn't use them and you think it should? To conserve your spleen, it should only use herb as a last resort. Also, it will only use herb if it is checked in your preferences.

If you have a problem please let me see your CLI output. (copy-paste)

Jatopian

Could you please copy-paste from your session log. It shouldn't be doing that so I need a clue as to why it does so. If you could possibly set verbosity to maximum when you do that, it would help me even more.
I can set verbosity to maximum now and grab it next time it happens. In the meantime:
[2332] The Jungles of Ancient Loathing
Encounter: Cavern Entrance
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=360&option=1
Encounter: The Acrid Chamber
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=360&option=2
Encounter: The Echoing Chamber
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=360&option=1
Encounter: The Narrow Chamber
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=360&option=4
You lose 250 hit points
> You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.

use 1 tiny house
You gain 24 hit points
You gain 24 Muscularity Points
> Unable to cure beaten up! Go sewer or adventure someplace wussier.
> Restoring HP! Currently at 24 of 182 HP, 127 of 127 MP, current meat: 41479 ... Target HP = 173.

use 1 scroll of drastic healing
And from a previous run:
[1250] The Nemesis' Lair
Encounter: the Demon of New Wave
Round 0: jatopian wins initiative!
Round 1: jatopian casts FUNK BLUEGRASS FUSION!
Round 2: PRZN bleeps, "MEDICAL SYSTEMS ACTIVATED," and fires a dart into your neck. You suddenly feel much better.
You gain 21 hit points
You gain 21 Mojo Points
Round 2: jatopian attacks!
You lose 19 hit points
Round 3: jatopian casts FUNK BLUEGRASS FUSION!
Round 4: PRZN shambles up to your opponent with a "Graaaaagh," and bites him on the head. He seems a little dazed by the experience.
You lose 23 hit points
Round 4: jatopian casts FUNK BLUEGRASS FUSION!
Round 5: PRZN bleeps, "MEDICAL SYSTEMS ACTIVATED," and fires a dart into your neck. You suddenly feel much better.
You gain 21 hit points
You gain 21 Mojo Points
You lose 19 hit points
Round 5: jatopian casts FUNK BLUEGRASS FUSION!
Round 6: PRZN does a pelvic thrust at your opponent. A piece of toast ricochets off his head, momentarily stunning him (and/or driving him insa-a-a-a-ane.)
You acquire an item: toast
Round 6: jatopian casts FUNK BLUEGRASS FUSION!
Round 7: PRZN shouts "Yarrrr!" and battens your opponent's hatches for him. Violently. For 9 damage.
Round 7: jatopian attacks!
Round 8: jatopian casts FUNK BLUEGRASS FUSION!
Round 9: PRZN bleeps, "MEDICAL SYSTEMS ACTIVATED," and fires a dart into your neck. You suddenly feel much better.
You gain 18 hit points
You gain 18 Mojo Points
You lose 21 hit points
Round 9: jatopian casts FUNK BLUEGRASS FUSION!
Round 10: PRZN shambles up to your opponent with a "Graaaaagh," and bites him on the head. He seems a little dazed by the experience.
You lose 21 hit points
Round 10: jatopian casts FUNK BLUEGRASS FUSION!
Round 11: jatopian uses the gob of wet hair and uses the scented massage oil!
You gain 64 hit points
Round 12: jatopian casts FUNK BLUEGRASS FUSION!
Round 13: PRZN bleeps, "MEDICAL SYSTEMS ACTIVATED," and fires a dart into your neck. You suddenly feel much better.
You gain 18 hit points
You gain 18 Mojo Points
You lose 21 hit points
Round 13: jatopian casts FUNK BLUEGRASS FUSION!
Round 14: PRZN shambles up to your opponent with a "Graaaaagh," and bites him on the head. He seems a little dazed by the experience.
Round 14: jatopian attacks!
You lose 19 hit points
Round 15: jatopian attacks!
You lose 21 hit points
Round 16: jatopian attacks!
You lose 23 hit points

use 1 tiny house
You gain 21 hit points
You gain 20 Mojo Points
> Unable to cure beaten up! Go sewer or adventure someplace wussier.
> Restoring HP! Currently at 21 of 68 HP, 72 of 72 MP, current meat: 10052 ... Target HP = 65.

cast 1 Disco Nap
You gain 20 hit points

cast 1 Disco Nap
You gain 20 hit points

buy 1 Doc Galaktik's Ailment Ointment at market price from an NPC Store
You acquire an item: Doc Galaktik's Ailment Ointment
You spent 60 Meat

use 1 Doc Galaktik's Ailment Ointment
You gain 10 hit points

slyz

Developer
When UR removes my beaten up, Mafia prints a message in the session log (I think I see it in the gCLI too, but I'm not 100% sure about that).
Code:

Visiting Relaxing Hot Tub in clan VIP lounge
[B]You lose an effect: Beaten Up[/B]
You gain 68 hit points
 > Restoring MP! Currently at 68 of 68 HP, 37 of 232 MP, current meat: 5956 ... Target MP = 58.
I think this is a problem with Mafia, not with Universal Recovery.

How were you adventuring? Through the relay browser? Using Mafia's automated adventuring? Or using a script?