Universal Recovery Script

Well, sure, there's no reason to adventure with the hooks. That doesn't mean someone won't do it. Then they suddenly have a hidden enchantment, "Stops Universal Recovery"! This seems unintuitive and thus undesirable.

Since UR can't have all the information needed to stop recovery for drum machines only when the hooks are equipped -- because it doesn't know why it's been called -- this seems, in my mind, like the wrong place for UR to make the decision. From a "who is in charge of this behavior" point of view, this seems most appropriate as a Mafia feature request.

The third solution is to change your settings to "Do not auto-recover" before using the drum machine for the quest, but I can see that this would feel fiddly and difficult to remember. (I personally always turn auto-recovery off when my resources are stressed, but that may be evidence of paranoia and control-freakishness rather than intelligence on my part...)

Bale

Minion
The third solution is to change your settings to "Do not auto-recover" before using the drum machine for the quest, but I can see that this would feel fiddly and difficult to remember. (I personally always turn auto-recovery off when my resources are stressed, but that may be evidence of paranoia and control-freakishness rather than intelligence on my part...)

Thinking about this... Even if recovery isn't necessary to use drum machine when the hooks are equipped, most people would still need to do it on the very next adventure when they need their HP/MP. How could someone be picky about being healed 1 adventure early, but still lazy enough not to turn off his auto-heal from time to time?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Thinking about this... Even if recovery isn't necessary to use drum machine when the hooks are equipped, most people would still need to do it on the very next adventure when they need their HP/MP. How could someone be picky about being healed 1 adventure early, but still lazy enough not to turn off his auto-heal from time to time?

The hooks could have replaced something like a brimstone bludgeon that reduces their max MP, leading mafia to think MP recovery is needed when their MP goes up. It gets restored, the bludgeon goes back on, and the MP goes down the drain. As a totally hypothetical scenario, at least.

icon315

I'm not sure if this has happened to me before, but for some reasono mafia started creating lots of Palm-Frond Fans

Code:
Restoring HP! Currently at 1219 of 4712 HP, 214 of 2525 MP, current meat: 1254502 ... Target HP = 4712.
Restoring MP! Currently at 1219 of 4712 HP, 214 of 2525 MP, current meat: 1254502 ... Target MP = 769.
Searching for "monstar energy beverage"...
Stopped purchasing Monstar energy beverage @ 570.
Searching for "palm frond"...
Purchasing palm frond (28 @ 100)...
You acquire palm frond (28)
Purchases complete.
Using 2 palm frond...
You acquire an item: palm-frond fan
Finished using 2 palm frond.
Using 2 palm frond...
Using 2 palm frond...
Using 2 palm frond...
Using 2 palm frond...
Using 2 palm frond...
Using 2 palm frond...
Using 2 palm frond...
Using 2 palm frond...
Using 2 palm frond...
Using 2 palm frond...
Using 2 palm frond...
Using 2 palm frond...
keeps going til it makes 14 of them than uses it....was this really the best choice?
Why did it do this?

Bale

Minion
You want me to tell you if it was the best choice? If 200 meat for 40 Mp was expensive, then please tell me what was cheaper at that time. I cannot possibly know what the mall looked like at that moment.

Perhaps you should be saying, "Thank you for writing a script that can realize when it is cheapest to make my own palm-frond fans." Strangely your report looks like a very non-specific complaint. It seems that you are confused about what you are complaining about. When you're more certain, please let me know what I did wrong.

Why did it do this?
For the same reason that it does anything. It is trying to make the smartest choice. Was it mistaken?

Terrabull

I want to apologize for my tone in the earlier post.
When I'm in aftercore the script works beautifully. It's just during the run I've been noticing some decisions that didn't seem as advertised. That was just the biggest problem I saw (skipping the hot tub/not aborting.)

Is there some way to make Mafia abort if "Beaten Up" can't be cured?

Bale

Minion
Sorry i read it wrong...I O U a stuffed hodg
I'm always glad for a Hodgie, b mostly I'm happy that the script really is working for you. It always troubles me when someone is complaining about a problem with my script and I can't understand the meaning of the problem.

Terrabull

I complained before about the script curing my Beaten Up and then healing.
It has done it again, I'm in Aftercore, got beaten up and clicked to restore my HP.

Code:
> restore hp

Using soft green whatever...
Beaten Up removed.
Restoring HP! Currently at 0 of 273 HP, 53 of 184 MP, current meat: 2070592 ... Target HP = 273.
You gain 460 hit points

> get _hotTubSoaks

> inv VIP Lounge key

Clan VIP Lounge key

slyz

Developer
line 12 in your local copy is boolean use_hot_tub = true; right?

EDIT: and "auto remove malignant satus effect" is unchecked in Preferences->General, right?

Last edited:

Terrabull

boolean ignore_buy_pref = false; // If you restrict mafia from purchasing from NPC stores & mall, set this TRUE to ignore that.
boolean never_mall = false; // Is it okay to purchase from the mall outside of ronin? If true it always stays in hardcore mode
boolean use_hot_tub = true; // If this is set to false, this script will not use the hot tub.

Bale

Minion
Remove malignant status effects = checked.

That's the problem.

My script is not using the sgeea to remove Beaten Up. Mafia is doing that first. By the time my script is called, you're not Beaten Up anymore. Uncheck "remove malignant status effects" and my script will use the hot tub for you.

It kinda cracks me up that Terrabull's problem was the same as my problem after all! (Since my "problem" was just having that box checked too, and didn't really have anything to do with Bad Moon... it just made me investigate Bad Moon aftercore and coincidentally discover weirdness with hot tub usage there.)

Muhandes

A bit odd:

You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.
Using 1 tiny house...
You gain 20 hit points
You gain 21 Mojo Points
Finished using 1 tiny house.
Unable to cure beaten up! Go sewer or adventure someplace wussier.
Restoring HP! Currently at 21 of 77 HP, 26 of 74 MP, current meat: 8223 ... Target HP = 62.
Using 1 phonics down...
You acquire an effect: Tingly Wrists (duration: 4 Adventures)
You gain 50 hit points
You gain 48 Mojo Points
Finished using 1 phonics down.

Bale

Minion
I suppose I should add a line to the first post about "Remove malignant status effects" messing up expected behavior for this script.

A bit odd:

You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.
Using 1 tiny house...
You gain 20 hit points
You gain 21 Mojo Points
Finished using 1 tiny house.
Unable to cure beaten up! Go sewer or adventure someplace wussier.
Restoring HP! Currently at 21 of 77 HP, 26 of 74 MP, current meat: 8223 ... Target HP = 62.
Using 1 phonics down...
You acquire an effect: Tingly Wrists (duration: 4 Adventures)
You gain 50 hit points
You gain 48 Mojo Points
Finished using 1 phonics down.

Huh. I wonder if that is a new mafia bug... I'll have to test it tomorrow when I have adventures.

Last edited: