Universal Recovery Script

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Oh! That is a very good point. If either of those is enabled and there is a Chateau, it should rest there instead. That's just good sense.

I know mafia uses Chateau with the "rest" command by default (restUsingChateau is the setting), so unless the script is using a direct URL it could be handled automatically.

Bale

Minion
That works for resting. I still have to integrate it with the sofa option.

Bingo:

Code:
Calling Universal Recovery 3.15 for type=HP, amount=0
Calling Universal Recovery 3.15 for type=MP, amount=0
Restoring MP! Currently at 248 of 315 HP, 39 of 839 MP, current meat: 112661 ... Target MP = 798.
Try to heal MP from inventory.
Last attempt to purchase MP with meat.
magical mystery juice : 24.5
black cherry soda : 0.0
Doc Galaktik's Invigorating Tonic : 10.0
Division by zero (Universal_recovery.ash, line 1000)
Autorecovery failed.

Now that I think about it the problem started after the Black Market was open.

Here's the entry from my copy of recoveryScript_map_v2.txt.

Code:
black cherry soda	0	0	9	11	0.0	10.0

I like the additional verbosity. Would you consider keeping it in the SVN version of the script?

I'll consider keeping the verbosity.

That problem... that just isn't making sense to me yet. I don't know how 10.0 avemp could turn into 0.0 yet. The only avemp that gets changed from its value in the map is magical mystery juice. I'm going to have to ruminate over this.

Magus_Prime

I just realized what the root problem, probably, is: I was in a Bees Hate You! run and that restorative has a "b" in it. I mentioned it in the original problem report but it got lost along the way.

Bale

Minion
I still don't understand how that 10.0 became a 0.0, but at least I can treat the Bee issue now. I'll fix it tomorrow. Sorry about the delay.

Magus_Prime

No apology necessary. Your help in figuring out an edge-case problem on a path that's seldom used is very much appreciated. The only thing I can posit is that the zero value is, somehow, a side-effect of the path restriction: the item is there but unusable.

Bale

Minion
AH. I found out what my error was! Stupid! It was Bees Hates You all right. My new code to deal with Doc Galaktik is conflicting with my old code for BHY. I've committed a fix so please update it it should work well now.

Magus_Prime

I have another day or so left in a Bugbear run and plan to do a, hopefully, final Bees Hate You! run after that. I'll be able to check the fix before the end of the week. Thank you!

Bale

Minion
I'm actually 99% sure that it will work properly (as well as correcting potential issues with restricted healing items in the future), but your confirmation will still be appreciated.

Thank you for being so helpful at finding this bug.

Zen00

Any idea why this script still tries to use all my really expensive HP restoring potions instead of just casting Coccoon like it should?

Bale

Minion
Nope. No idea at all. Perhaps you could tell me a little more in hopes of a deduction.

Did you break ronin/hardcore? Are on you a challenge path, if so which one? What was your current HP/MP and max HP/MP when it did this? Does your character have Cannelloni Cocoon? Were you suffering from Temporary Amnesia? (If you were adventuring in the Airship, that was probably the problem.)

Finally copy/paste the following into the CLI: get baleUr_UseInventoryInMallmode and tell me the result.

I'm having an issue when I have the Chateau as an available HP/MP recovery option and I am out of Hot Tub rests it does not rest on the Chateau

Bale

Minion
I'm having an issue when I have the Chateau as an available HP/MP recovery option and I am out of Hot Tub rests it does not rest on the Chateau

I suspect that is because it believes it would be wasting HP recovery. I'd need more information to confirm that. I've been thinking about the issue and wondering about fixing it. I should probably not be concerned with wasting HP recovery from resting if the character has Cannelloni Cocoon. Do you think that sounds like the right fix?

Magus_Prime

I don't know whether it's the "right fix" for the problem but I know that I've often puzzled over URs, seeming, reluctance to use Cannelloni Cocoon to restore HP even when MP is readily available.

I suspect that is because it believes it would be wasting HP recovery. I'd need more information to confirm that. I've been thinking about the issue and wondering about fixing it. I should probably not be concerned with wasting HP recovery from resting if the character has Cannelloni Cocoon. Do you think that sounds like the right fix?

It doesn't try anything to recover from Beaten Up. Just gives an an error it can't. I have Tongue of the Walrus and Cocoon. I would suspect it should have tried Tongue of the Walrus

Bale

Minion
I don't know whether it's the "right fix" for the problem but I know that I've often puzzled over URs, seeming, reluctance to use Cannelloni Cocoon to restore HP even when MP is readily available.

In hardcore/ronin it prefers to use items because MP can be used for many things in addition to healing, but healing items generally only have that single purpose. In aftercore it compares the cost of purchasing healing items and compares that to the cost of restoring MP for a healing spell.

It doesn't try anything to recover from Beaten Up. Just gives an an error it can't. I have Tongue of the Walrus and Cocoon. I would suspect it should have tried Tongue of the Walrus

I do not understand. Example please. Part of that session log may help

The could not recover from Beaten Up was not in my session log. How do you get the red errors in the session log. Let me try to explain what happened. I had gotten Beaten Up, i was out of Hot Tub rests, had Chateau rests, I also have Tongue of the Walrus and had enough MP but i got the Could Not Recover from Beaten Up message. I hope this helps. If not I will try to copy and paste it when it happens again.

Last edited:

adeyke

I also had that issue. I also have tongue available and was, at the time, out of hot tub soaks. Here's what the CLI output was:
Restoring HP! Currently at 0 of 57 HP, 60 of 143 MP, current meat: 464 ... Target HP = 55.
Casting Disco Nap 1 times...
You gain 40 hit points
Disco Nap was successfully cast.
Casting Lasagna Bandages 1 times...
You gain 11 hit points
Lasagna Bandages was successfully cast.
Did not recover from being Beaten Up!
And again:
Restoring MP! Currently at 5 of 65 HP, 7 of 208 MP, current meat: 35478 ... Target MP = 84.
Purchasing magical mystery juice (5 @ 95)...
You spent 475 Meat
You acquire magical mystery juice (5)
Purchases complete.
Using 5 magical mystery juice...
You gain 78 Mana Points
Finished using 5 magical mystery juice.
Did not recover from being Beaten Up!

Last edited: