Bug - Fixed Unique skill error.

I have.. tried so many things and I have no idea why this is occuring.

My buffbot is failing with an error that seems to be completely unrelated to his operation.

Normally, I have a classskills override, but the error persists even without it.
This is r10592, and this is the line of code (isolated via print() statements)
Code:
 if((have_skill($skill[Sonata of Sneakiness]))&&(have_effect($effect[Sonata of Sneakiness])<1))(!use_skill(1,$skill[Sonata of Sneakiness]));
 if((have_effect($effect[Dreams and Lights])<1)||((have_effect($effect[Dreams and Lights])<9)&&(have_effect($effect[Arcane in the Brain])<1))){
 print("code makes it here");
  while(have_effect($effect[Dreams and Lights])<9)(!adventure(1,$location[Haunted Gallery]));
  abort("code gets stuck in endless loop so this never prints");

And, here's the kicker:
Code:
You don't have a skill uniquely matching "Disco Power Nap"
Thousands of times, very quickly.
So, I can only assume that something about adventure() is causing it to happen, but I have no idea what (bot is not set to autorecover and no mood is defined).

I will provide anything info I can, just ask.

Windows 7, Java 1.6

Is the buffbot set to auto remove malignant effects?

Yes. Is there control over how it might go about doing that? I mean, I don't have the skill, so mafia shouldn't try to use it anyway, right?

Also, he doesn't have any malignant effects...
Code:
Dreams and Lights
Shape of... Mole!
Arcane in the Brain
Winklered
Having a Ball!

Theraze

Yeah... just turn that off. It's been noted as not especially intelligent, especially if you're using UR or something similar.

Well, let's hope this works. I hadn't changed any code when this started (and it started -before- I update mafia, not sure which revision I was using before, but it wasn't too old).
So, I hope this works. If it does work, and I leave the box unchecked, is there an easy way to have mafia auto-shrug Beaten Up if I happen to get it (unlikely except for holidays) without setting up a BBS?

holatuwol

Developer
I don't get it. @_@ I adventured in the gallery and kept getting Tetanus, but KoLmafia used soft green echo eyedrop antidotes to remove it because it knew I didn't have Disco Power Nap. Just to make sure I haven't completely lost it, I've added more debugging messages so that KoLmafia reports why it's chosen the skill/item to remove your status effect.

Edit: In case it's not clear, please re-enable that preference and let me know what the output is. Yes, I know people prefer other methods of restoration and whatnot, but unless we remove the feature, I don't want it to be broken.

Last edited:
I don't get it. @_@ I adventured in the gallery and kept getting Tetanus, but KoLmafia used soft green echo eyedrop antidotes to remove it because it knew I didn't have Disco Power Nap. Just to make sure I haven't completely lost it, I've added more debugging messages so that KoLmafia reports why it's chosen the skill/item to remove your status effect.

Edit: In case it's not clear, please re-enable that preference and let me know what the output is. Yes, I know people prefer other methods of restoration and whatnot, but unless we remove the feature, I don't want it to be broken.

I'll test this for you, sure (because I'm more curious as to what causes bugs than I am actually in need of having them fixed, usually) but I would just like to mention that the error was occurring before any turns were spent. So Tetanus isn't the culprit.

Edit: Downloaded latest mafia (r10610), re-enabled Auto-remove, ran the same script as yesterday... went through and adventured in the Haunted Gallery no problem. So... until it happens again, bug closed.

Last edited: