Bug - Fixed "unexpected error" when adventuring in the Basement

Lady Kirie

mafia ver: v16.1 r13132

When adventuring in Fernswarthy's Basement, my combats show in the CLI as "Unexpected error, debug log printed" and no information about the combat is shown in the "Session Results" aside from Adventures used.

I am not actively using any scripts, but I do have autoattack enabled with a combat macro and am using the Relay Browser. I did not realize this was happening at first, so I don't know if it was going on the entire time, or just recently. Looking at the Debug report, it does seem to be the same error over and over, but I'm not certain since I didn't look super closely. I have attached the debug log for reference.

I originally mentioned this error to another KoLer who suggested that the issue may be with the "expired effects" option based on KoL's native character pane restorer, but I have always had that option set to 0.

If there's any other information I can provide, I would be happy to do so.

EDIT: UPDATE: After posting this thread, I went back to my turns, since the error doesn't actually affect me in any way aside from not showing the session results. After a few more turns of the unexpected error (did not sign out or change anything), the error did not display for one combat, showing results and fight details as usual. After that single combat, it went back to errors.

EDIT 2: A few more things of note. 1) I get the error when automating turns as well, both via the adventure tab or via a script. 2) I don't know if it's apparent in the debug log (I don't know how to read them), but I guess I should also note that I keep getting "Adding new location: Fernswarthy's Basement - basement.php" randomly in my CLI, even if I'm not doing any basement-related things. For example, here's a cut from "breakfast" in the CLI:

Casting Summon Sugar Sheets 3 times...
You acquire sugar sheet (3)
Summon Sugar Sheets was successfully cast.
Adding new location: Fernswarthy's Basement - basement.php
Casting Summon Alice's Army Cards 1 times...
You acquire an item: Pack of Alice's Army Cards
You acquire an item: Ye Wizard's Shack snack voucher
Summon Alice's Army Cards was successfully cast.
Casting Summon Party Favor 3 times...
You acquire an item: divine cracker
You acquire an item: divine blowout
You acquire an item: divine champagne popper
Summon Party Favor was successfully cast.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20131111.txt
    225 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 13137 fixes the stack trace and the Adding New Location problem.

There will need to be more work for Fernswarthy's Basement, but on the bright side, I am normalizing it (somewhat) as an adventuring location.

Lady Kirie

Awesome, thanks for the fast response!

Like I said, it wasn't effecting me much personally, but figured it would be good to report it so you guys were aware of the problem. If anything else weird happens tomorrow, I'll be sure to share.