Feature - Implemented Turn the gremlin tool messages into use links for magnet

Edir

Got a small feature request which I think shouldn't be too hard to implement and would be nice(in my opinion).

In the relay browser, when a gremlin reveals itself as having a tool, its highlighted in purple - what if that was made into a link which, when clicked, used the molybdenum magnet?

Fluxxdog

2 things:
First, I like the idea, but I think the standard is having the link appended to the end of whatever would create the link. The eyes would follow the sentence to the end where "Oh hey! Here's a little use link!"
Second, bUMRATS does provide a link. Check out the thread.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I do the gremlins by stasising with a seal tooth and spamming the "Use Item" button. I'd like if it simply autoselected the magnet in the item dropdown. I could simply press the same button one more time and get the tool.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10699 attempts to do exactly that. Untested. I look forward to seeing it, as early as tomorrow.

Darzil

Developer
I do the gremlins by stasising with a seal tooth and spamming the "Use Item" button. I'd like if it simply autoselected the magnet in the item dropdown. I could simply press the same button one more time and get the tool.

I humbly recommend spamming Spectre Sceptre instead !

xKiv

(I do the gremlins by spamming funkslung seal tooth (or dictionary) and molybdenum magnet, that's almost no-brain clickery ... yes it works, takes a turn when tool is not present, gets the tool when it is)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
(I do the gremlins by spamming funkslung seal tooth (or dictionary) and molybdenum magnet, that's almost no-brain clickery ... yes it works, takes a turn when tool is not present, gets the tool when it is)
Me too - on my character with funkslinging.

Darzil

Developer
I used to, but an endlessly reusable item that heals, delevels, and does insufficient damage to kill them, which you can always have available at that point in an ascension, seemed better.

Eevilcat

I encountered this feature today and it was causing me problems. I'm used to funkslinging rockband flyers/magnet at the gremlins when the appropriate encounter message appears and until then use the zero cost combat skill with saucy salve to plink/restore HP. I expect to select the combat items once and those choices remain for the rest of the combats, however whenever I encountered the 'right' gremlin mafia switched the magnet to combat item 1 leaving me with nothing in combat item 2. Lucky I noticed this immediately so was able to restore the correct combat item order otherwise it would have cost me some flyering.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
What version of KoLmafia did you use? The original code would have behaved exactly as you described, but revision 10707 specifically attempts to leave things as they are when you funksling with the magnet.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes. I just tested with a character who has funkslinging, and KoL selects items in the combat item dropdowns just as expected; no extra spaces or anything. I did not specifically test the gremlins with funkslinging - and I won't be able to do so for a number of months, since I have another dozen or so Axecore runs to do - but your report is consistent with using 10699 (which selects the magnet for the gremlin) but NOT 10707 (which doesn't do that if you already have the magnet selected).

If I am wrong about that, I'll look at it in May some time.

Eevilcat

I'm using the build I grabbed this morning (10720) - it's only the gremlins that are causing the problem. If mafia only checks the first item selected for funkslinging, rockband flyers in my case, then it would presumably think I hadn't selected the magnet and swap it from funkslung item 2 to item 1.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
No, that's not how the code works. It looks for the following string in the page:

Code:
<option picurl=magnet2 selected value=2497>

which should be how KoL marks the molybdenum magnet as "selected" in one or the other dropdown.

Actually, when I funksling a seal tooth and a spectre scepter, I see the following:

Code:
<option picurl=tooth selected value=2>
<option selected value=2678>

In other words, the second one did not have the picture. OK, I'll look for both kinds of selected items...

Eevilcat

Thanks for looking at this. I'm back to Boris runs on my main account so no funkslinging there for a while but will probably throw my multi into a HCO run this week.