Bug - Fixed Tracking DoD potions; multis

Tannenzaepfle

So, the other day, I noticed that I was about 750k poorer after a day of farming.

One of my multis that I recently started playing with got to level 13, and I identified the bang potions for the entrance cavern. After farming bone chips for a day on my main account, I determined that each round, mafia had been buying 10 effervescent potions between each adventure to try and extend my object detection effect, but it was somehow using the potion identification data from my multi. Each round, it used 10 of the potion of healing and didn't print any kind of an error like "Unexpected bang potion effect; identifying potions" or update its internal information.

I would like someone to implement something the prevents me from doing this again. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Theraze

If you notice it buying the wrong potions, just clear the bang potion data in your settings file and force it to re-identify them maybe?

How was it buying the potions... was that a script? If so, can we see it?

Bale

Minion
Sounds like he's saying he had "use 10 potion of detection" in his mood for losing Object Detection.

Tannenzaepfle

The "use 10 potion of detection" in my mood had changed to "use 10 potion of healing" on my main. I am very sure I didn't set it to be that way; I haven't changed my moods at all in the last week. I believe this came from logging out but not closing mafia. I don't know why else this would have changed. I confirmed that the effervescent potion which was healing on my main was object detection on my multi. Does this help?

Theraze

It's possible that the mood saved by itemid instead of name, in which case it would break if copied over to a new person, as opposed to being done in the interface...

I'd like to suggest a workaround -- to get what you want, though perhaps by a method you didn't expect. I've been doing this for years now: Make a separate KoLmafia folder for each account. Works great in Windows XP. I don't know about Mac OS, though. I did it mainly because some preferences absolutely would not set per account. And different accounts are often doing very different things, for different reasons. Ya know? Anyway, I really like the way it works out.

Grotfang

Developer
They are indeed. Could you post the data for the following settings (found in ~/.kolmafia/settings/[char]_prefs.txt):

Code:
lastBangPotion819 (milky)
lastBangPotion820 (swirly)
lastBangPotion821 (bubbly)
lastBangPotion822 (smoky)
lastBangPotion823 (cloudy)
lastBangPotion824 (effervescent)
lastBangPotion825 (fizzy)
lastBangPotion826 (dark)
lastBangPotion827 (murky)

And please check that they are correct. May as well confirm that mafia has correctly lined them up for each account first.

Tannenzaepfle

The multi in question that I had been using (whose potion of detection my main was buying) has nothing in his prefs.txt file. I am guessing when I log out without closing mafia entirely it doesn't load new preferences somehow. Perhaps?

Tannenzaepfle

lastBangPotion819
lastBangPotion820
lastBangPotion821
lastBangPotion822
lastBangPotion823
lastBangPotion824
lastBangPotion825
lastBangPotion826
lastBangPotion827

Theraze

Try typing in bang and see what it says. Also, do you have it set to identify bang potions? Not sure why it's pulling the wrong one for you, but maybe it's just grabbing the first one or something like that... Bang should return something like this though:
milky: sleepiness (have 1)
swirly: ettin strength (have 3)
bubbly: healing (have 1)
smoky:
cloudy: teleportitis (have 3)
effervescent: confusion (have 3)
fizzy: detection (have 3)
dark: blessing
murky: