Feature - Implemented Track organ grinder drops

roippi

Developer
Figured I'd put this up since the drop mechanics are well spaded by this point.

Without equipment, drops take 5-10-16-23-31-50 kills to produce a pie. With equipment it's 5-5-11-18-26-45.

I'd personally be ecstatic just with a counter that shows how many pies have dropped today and how many organs are currently in the grinder. I'm sure others will want a countdown-to-drop timer, which is a bit more complex. Either would work.

th3y

It would also be nice to know not only how many total organs are in the grinder, but what types (individual elements, boss, sea, etc.) they are. That would help predict and force what sort of pie will drop.

Even if mafia just tracked this in counters (rather than finding a place in the official UI for all that information), a script could output a text report in CLI, or relay script could access it and format up a display page for it .

A couple of things I don't understand about the grinder:
- Do all organs reset at rollover? I presume they don't remain in the grinder for the next day.
- What if you run without equipment for part of the time, and with equipment for part of the time? How does that affect the number of organs required for a pie drop?

Winterbay

I feel that that much information could possibly be better tracked by a between battle script actually.

roippi

Developer
Tracking what's inside the pie is significantly beyond what I'd ever use it for, but I suppose it's possible. Behind the scenes, KoL just flips a bit if you have at least one of an element in the pie. It then randomly chooses one of the bit-flipped elements when it's time to drop, so long as there's no sea or boss in the pie. But yeah. Those bits are not reset on rollover, only on pie drop or ascension.

Agreed that that much detail is probably better left to a user script.

xKiv

A couple of things I don't understand about the grinder:
- Do all organs reset at rollover? I presume they don't remain in the grinder for the next day.

According to a recent post on kol forums, organs are retained over rollover. At least boss organs.

- What if you run without equipment for part of the time, and with equipment for part of the time? How does that affect the number of organs required for a pie drop?

Don't know, but I would assume he-bo like mechanics - what matters is having them equipped on the drop before the interval (i.e. if this is your first drop for the day: equipment on = next drop in 5, else in 10)

Bale

Minion
According to a recent post on kol forums, organs are retained over rollover. At least boss organs.

Half correct. It remembers what types of monsters you've killed (boss, stinky, etc), but the counter of how many more monster you need to kill to get the pie is reset to 0. This means if you kill 3 monsters and a boss before rollover, then the next day you'll get a badass pie in 5 turns.

xKiv

I assumed he already understood the resetting of grillpower and only clarified the organ bitmap.

BTW, I was wrong about the familiar equipment. Personal experience:
1) first pie (no stogie)
spend 2 adventures underwater (with das boot) to grind sea organ.
4 adventures on dry land: shoo-fish pie
2) right after that, second pie
spend 2 adventures underwater (with das boot) to grind sea organ.
-> equip stogie
4 adventures on dry land: shoo-fish pie

I will try testing some more - this time, I will try not equipping the stogie until a stogied pie is due.

xKiv

OK, that works too - according to my (limited) data, it is sufficient to have the stogie equipped on the turn of the "shortened" pie-drop.

roippi

Developer
To bump this a bit..

I think the "cleanest" way of displaying this in the relay browser is just to show turns-until-next-drop. Fortunately the logic is not too complex, as we know that the stogie just decreases the counter by 5 iff one or more pies have dropped.

Last edited:

tirandys

I wanted this too, so made some changes to extend the current pie/part tracking, to track and display the expected pie type and show the number of parts needed for the next pie (accounting for stogie). There are also changes to a couple of messages being checked for (The sleaze and sea drop text contained a pronoun that was dynamic, so some drops were being missed). Displaying drops and expected pie did tend to enlarge the panel a bit so I had to break it over 2 lines: hopefully that's OK.

I've attached a patch.

Attachments

• organ_grinder.diff
    7.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

roippi

Developer
Was looking through my old posts. This can be marked implemented.

Unless it was held open in consideration of the above patch.