Feature - Implemented Track Flickering Pixels acquisition

EdFox

In the The Crackpot Mystic's Psychoses zones, there are eight choice adventures--two for each sub zone--that have conditional choices that only appear if certain stats, resistances, or other values are high enough. Each of these choices will grant the user a Flickering Pixel and can only be used once per account. All eight must be done successfully to acquire the sword for this jar.

Currently, Mafia does not track the successful acquisition of each Flickering Pixel. Please add tracking for these.

EDIT: As these choice adventures appear on a set schedule, a reminder to buff up the required value(s) one or two adventures before its schedule would be a great addition.

Before you reject this as small beer and cast me into the outer darkness, Veracity herself requested this feature request :)
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?13293-Psychose-a-Matic-one-stop-NPC-psychiatric-management&p=98292&viewfull=1#post98292

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 12565 does this. At least, that which was there before your EDIT.

- flickeringPixel1 - flickeringPixel8 are booleans that are true if you have obtained the corresponding flickering pixel.
- The "flicker" command displays a table of all eight pixels - location, choice adventure, requirement to obtain, and status. The rows are ordered 1 - 8, in case you want to know which setting corresponds to which pixel. Perhaps I should put a "#" column at the left to make that clear.
- If we visit one of the 8 choices and do NOT see the "get a flickering pixel" option, we set the corresponding setting to true, since you must have already acquired it
- There are choice spoilers for all 8 choices, both on the flickering pixel and on the "pass the door" option. I attempted to tell you what you need to "pass the door" and tell you what you currently have, so you can decide what to do.

That last one could be improved for the "survive 250 hot damage" and "survive 250 spooky damage" choices. For those, I tell you how much hot or spooky damage you will take, based on your current level of resistance, along with your current hp and current level of resistance, so you can adjust if necessary. It would be nice to simply say "you need hot resistance 6", if the hot damage you would take at that level is less than your current HP. That requires a calculation we don't already have available in the code base, and I didn't feel like deriving it right now. Maybe later.

This is all untested. I'll try it out in a week or so, but if anyone goes there sooner, I will listen to their report with interest. :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
EDIT: As these choice adventures appear on a set schedule, a reminder to buff up the required value(s) one or two adventures before its schedule would be a great addition.

Mafia doesn't track enough stuff to determine when it is about to show up, and I don't think it's going to start for this.

Darzil

Developer
I can't test this as I've done it before, but I think you have either over or under complicated it.

The options which result in getting flickering pixels only appear if you meet the criteria. This makes the decoration much easier. The calculations of requirements could be used to mark flickering pixels true if you meet the requirements but the option does not appear.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 12567 does that. It always labels the 2nd option "flickering pixel" without telling you what requirement you needed, since you won't see it if you can't pass it, and when visiting the choice, if it doesn't see the 2nd option, it checks if you would meet the requirement in order to deduce you've already gotten this pixel.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just ran through the Mystic's Psychoses and made Byte. Revision 12588 tweaks some of the spoilers and corrects the recipe for Byte to be SUSE, not MUSE. I'm now satisfied with this and am declaring it done.