Feature - Implemented Track "Belch The Rainbow"

Bale

Minion
Once again I'm making a feature request outside of the omnibus Heavy Rains thread because its more of a side-issue than essential support for the path.

It appears that every time a beautiful rainbow is used, it increases the power of the skill, "Belch The Rainbow." It would be good if KoLmafia tracked the consumption of these rainbows so that consulting scripts could deduce the amount of damage that they inflict.

This is not a new mechanic so at least we won't have to invent it from scratch. KoLmafia already has the properties skillLevel46, skillLevel47 and skillLevel48 to track the slime skills. Based on that example we should have a new property called skillLevel117 which is incremented by 1 every time a beautiful rainbow is consumed.

At this time the maximum level of "Belch The Rainbow" is unknown, but it is at least three. I'd guess eleven, which would make this a pretty awesome combat skill. I'd recommend that we start tracking it right away so that people's consumption count will be accurate. Hopefully there is some way to correct errors in mafia's count that will eventually be implemented, but that would require parsing combat results, unless I am mistaken so it would be good to implement this sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Darzil did this - untested - in Revision 14436.

I'm curious about whether it says "You acquire a skill" every time you use the item, or if there is a different message that says it is improving it, or something. (I guess the same thing applies to Summon Annoyance, which also improves the more you buy it, right?)