Feature - Rejected Timer for non-combats in the second Twitch event

Since they occur every ten turns, and I don't always pay attention (especially with all that hooch flowing...), could we get a timer/reminder that the choice adventure is coming up?

Also, would it be overkill to be reminded that we are about to adventure when it would be wasteful to not have turned hooch in?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Since they occur every ten turns, and I don't always pay attention (especially with all that hooch flowing...), could we get a timer/reminder that the choice adventure is coming up?
That timer would be wrong as soon as you adventure anywhere else, like spending a turn to convert hooch.

Also, would it be overkill to be reminded that we are about to adventure when it would be wasteful to not have turned hooch in?
That requires tracking of your current hooch.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Exactly. I'm willing to consider tracking current hooch - as soon as it is in available in api.php. Before then? No.

Darzil

Developer
I think we do want to consider handling scheduled non-combats, as they are increasingly becoming a thing, first appearing on turn X+1, and thereafter every X turns. Sometimes in addition to non-scheduled ones, sometimes only if non-scheduled ones haven't appeared. I guess an extra field in combats.txt, after the combat rate column.

Not entirely sure what we should report for combat rate in Location Details though, should it be 100% if one due next turn, otherwise the base rate, or should we show an average? Not sure where else we use it (other than in the bounty hunter estimated turns for bounty).

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This could be handled with turns_spent now, but I doubt people actually want to keep farming hooch when new areas (with likely better chroner returns) are added every time.