New Content - Implemented Thor's Pliers

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Code:
Unknown item found: Thor's Pliers (7709, 453862933)
--------------------
7709 Thor's Pliers 453862933 thorpliers.gif weapon t 0
Thor's Pliers 100 Mus: 0 1-handed pliers
# Thor's Pliers: Lets You Smith and Make Jewelry Faster
# Thor's Pliers: Regular Attacks Can't Miss
# Thor's Pliers: Allows You to Ply Reality
# Thor's Pliers: Regenerates Lightning Power
# Thor's Pliers: (in Heavy Rains only)
Thor's Pliers Experience: +4, MP Regen Min: 6, MP Regen Max: 9, Pickpocket Chance: +20, Single Equip
--------------------
I am sure the "Regenerates Lightning Power" is "in Heavy Rains only". I assume the others are not, since that would certainly limit the appeal after the challenge path is no longer current.

What does it mean to "Ply Reality"?

Bale

Minion
What does it mean to "Ply Reality"?

Combat skill when pliers are equipped:

HTML:
<option value="7209" picurl="thorpliers" >Ply Reality (0 Mana Points)</option>

Does prismatic damage. Skill number and image are in the above html snippet.

Yendor

The pliers can be used for jewelrycrafting when not equipped. I got one ply and seven smithings for free, so I assume that's 10 adventures worth of crafting. There's a message associated with the free crafting which I forgot to note.

Darzil

Developer
Am looking at this.
My current questions include:
Does it automatically hit when you are using it in offhand or disembodied hand? I'm guessing not.
Do you need jewelry pliers as well for crafting Jewelry?

Edit, I thought I know, I'll mostly copy the code from Legion Loathing Jackhammer crafting. Seems we don't support that yet, so I guess that'll be added at the same time!

Last edited:

Yendor

The "can't miss" seems to work in the offhand. The disembodied hand can't equip them.
You don't need the ordinary pliers to make jewelry if you have these.

Darzil

Developer
The "can't miss" seems to work in the offhand.
Interesting. I have submitted a bug that you can't equip it offhand in Hardcore (also that you cannot put on an outfit with it in on in Hardcore, which is a pain when mafia makes it's outfit backups).

Cool12309

I noticed you added the thing about jewelrycrafting even if it's equipped. I checked in both the main hand and the offhand, and in both cases I was not allowed to craft. Only works in inventory.

Darzil

Developer
Yeah, going to roll out that fix fairly soon. Though I also expect it to turn out to be a bug and to put it back in again.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I noticed you added the thing about jewelrycrafting even if it's equipped. I checked in both the main hand and the offhand, and in both cases I was not allowed to craft. Only works in inventory.

I think that stuff isn't working properly right now on KoL's end.

Darzil

Developer
Or your closet, unusual. Is that working (for equipped/closet) as jewelry pliers or as free crafting too?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It both allows jewelrycrafting and makes it free from those places. I'm not sure that working from the closet is intentional.

Darzil

Developer
I have a patch nearly ready for testing for Thor's Pliers and Legion Jackhammer (and I think also a fix for Wok crafting calculation), but will be a few hours til testing complete.

Darzil

Developer
r14544 adds support for Thor's Pliers and Legion Jackhammer (and Wok fix). Very lightly tested due to being in run.

Darzil

Developer
Well, a bug is present, and an annoying one. The message "You use Thor's Pliers to do the job super fast" appears even if you don't actually have to use it (eg Knoll sign), so it's incrementing unnecessarily.
My preference is that KoL fix this rather than us working around it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Marking this Implemented since anything not working correctly is KoL's fault, and mafia should work fine once it's fixed.