the11tablesASH ~I DID NOT MAKE THIS~

TamGarTrinKi

It's because the acquire message for 1 Crimbuck ("You acquire an item: Crimbuck") is different than for many ("You acquire ~~ Crimbucks"). My version works by reading how much you've gained-- I only discovered it by accid

Ah, so it wouldn't crash because it said "1", it would crash because it didn't. :)

Spiny

There's a small problem with both Bale's version and Doctor Rotelle's version of the script in the math as far as when winning from doubling down. This probably affects the other versions of the script as well. You need to account for the doubled bet in the win as well as in the loss situation.

Ethelred

I also see a problem with the results printed out by Dr. Rotelle's version. Haven't tried to track it down yet. My debug fu is very weak. The result total is sometimes, but not always, off a little bit. This, of course, also results in the average being off. The double down theory above seems like a good candidate. I'll look into that after rollover when I can get my next 11 fix, er, I mean run some more turns.

Dractyl

Just to add it to the list in this thread, I have a version not related to any of the others here (look for v2 just down the page).

It started with the original crimbo11.ash, but there are only like 6 lines left from the original. It implements "empty inferences" work as a lookup table and uses that rather than a decision tree. You should find it pretty clear and easy to read/modify.

Dractyl

SoItBegins2

Huh. Today, I made miniscule profits on my first two accounts, and great profits on my last two. You might want to check your results re/ the RNG.

Dractyl

Huh. Today, I made miniscule profits on my first two accounts, and great profits on my last two. You might want to check your results re/ the RNG.

I get the feeling the RNG is not entirely random. Has anyone else noticed that 11s tend to arrive in bunches. If it were properly random, or based on a simulated deck, that would happen waaaaay less frequently than it does. I'd be willing to put down a couple of crimbucks that if I were to plot winnings over rounds I'd see myself generally holding even with spikes of profitability.

Also, with regards to profits, I can't help but notice that my alt who did not raise any meat now has almost as many crimbux as my characters who did. I wonder if there is an additional function that skews the payouts based on how many crimbucks you already have. If I were putting the whole thing together I might do that because I want everyone (even people who come late), to have a fun Crimbo. I'll try playing with a character with no crimbux and see what happens.

(Time passes)

Here is a run with a brand new character who did the first Don Crimbo task to get some seed money:
You have won 605 delicious crimbux over 99 rounds (6.11 per adv.)

--- Final statistics ---
Rounds: 99

Rounds Won: 47 (47.47%)
- by natural 11: 14 (14.14%)
- by double down: 6 (6.06%)

Rounds Lost: 37 (37.37%)
- by double down: 3 (3.03%)

Rounds Drawn: 15 (15.15%)
- by double down: 2 (2.02%)

Starting Crimbux: 320
Crimbux won: 605
Ending Crimbux: 925

That's better than I've been getting recently with my "rich" characters. It's a sample of one though, so it's not meaningful yet.

Dractyl

Last edited:

linguinelad

Why is it my scripts aren't available (like the one in this thread) when I use the daily build? I'm able to access my 11tables script in mafia 13.7

how do I fix it?

monster hunter

crimbo11.ash works very well. After using 263 adventures, this script made me 1,287 crimbucks, which is an average of almost 5 crimbucks per adventure. At an average, while hunting penguins, I'd make at least 2630 crimbucks when spending these many adventures. But, of course, using the script if more efficient BECAUSE you can't spend 263 adventures in the Don's Crimbo Compound, and eventually, you can't even adventure in the Compound at all.
What would we do without scripts to make our artificial wealth?

tOaDeR

i used DoctorRotelle's script for this

first 100 rounds

Gambling complete
Wins: 45
Losses: 37
Pushes: 18
Grand Total: 484 (4.84/adv)

second 100 rounds

Gambling complete
Wins: 50
Losses: 32
Grand Total: 814 (8.14/adv)

third 100 rounds

Gambling complete
Wins: 38
Losses: 49
Pushes: 13
Grand Total: 495 (4.95/adv)

fourth 100 rounds

Gambling complete
Wins: 37
Losses: 46
Pushes: 17
Grand Total: 231 (2.31/adv)

fifth 100 rounds

Gambling complete
Wins: 36
Losses: 46
Grand Total: 264 (2.64/adv)

last 67 rounds

Gambling complete
Wins: 25
Losses: 36
Pushes: 6
Grand Total: 110 (1.641/adv)

i started with 100 Crimbux and ended up with 2,267

thanks to all contributors on this script. i just wish i had known about it sooner :/

monster hunter

NEED HELP
It's the last day of crimbo, and this shows up...

[18914] Crimbo 11 Table
You bet 11 Crimbux
No match attempted or previous match failed (crimbo11.ash, line 30)

I don't understand what's going on. This never happened before today.

Bale

Minion
It may not be very useful, but why should it be locked? Someone might want to comment on it as a programming challenge someday and want to understand it better.

eitak

Why is it my scripts aren't available (like the one in this thread) when I use the daily build? I'm able to access my 11tables script in mafia 13.7

how do I fix it?

I'm late on answering this, so you probably figured it out already, but you can click "Refresh Menu" under the "Scripts" menu to make it show up if it doesn't.