The Unofficial Ascend.ash support thread.

tgetgel

It can be done by calling eatdrink with more of the parameters completed instead of just the name. For example 15, 19, 15, false, false to start and 15, 19, 15, true, false at the end. Look at the parameters passed to main() at the bottom of the script.

You still get to use all of the turns, just that the drink and spleen turns get played the next day. I used to know the logic for it. This assumes that you have liver of steel.

Last edited:

NCSorcerer

Except I sometimes miss turns when running the script post-Ronin to clear quests when I have time gear + various adv bonuses.

I'm not sure if this is associated with eatdrink or not but it happened right after I ran it for the first time in r8868.

Code:
Finished. You had Milk of Magnesium-Ode to Booze in effect. Adventures listed above does not reflect that, but this does:
Spent 8518 meat. Gained Fullness: 15. Inebriety: 19. Spleen: 15. Adventures: 192. Muscle: 446. Moxie: 270. Mysticality: 394.
Eating, drinking, and spleening complete. Commence merrymaking (at your own discretion).

Using cached search results for stinky cheese diaper...
Stopped purchasing stinky cheese diaper @ 6,000,000.
Using cached search results for stinky cheese diaper...
Stopped purchasing stinky cheese diaper @ 6,000,000.
You need 1 more stinky cheese diaper to continue.

Winterbay

The farm-script needs to be changed withthe upcoming change of ^ to **. The second line of the get_combinations-function has a ^ that needs to be a ** instead (I've made too many changes to it for it to be meaningful to post line numbers).

Bale

Minion
Thank you for pointing that out. Ditto for my own farm.ash not having line numbers relevant to others.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I updated EatDrink to include Theraze's better handling of milk and the wrapper for testing zLib variables. I have not included Bale's conversion of the command line to a string. That change just does not work for me and the way I use EatDrink which is certainly suboptimal in terms of mouse clicks but...

I have a fix to Farm that works with the exponentiation change. Since Farm is a paid script I am holding on to it until I finish a couple other tweaks in the paid portions.

donnieb113

Error when calling ascend.ash

error when calling ascend.ash, probably related to the new pandemonium content error message as printed by KOL mafia.

Code:
> call scripts\Ascend.ash

Bad location value: ""Friar's Gate"" (Ascend.ash, line 832)

Any fix for this would be great, I have searched the message boards for the ascend.ash, line 832, and the bad location value, as well as the complete string with no success.

Theraze

Easiest thing to do is just change any place that says Friar's Gate to Pandamonium Slums. But it won't get you the steel organ... for that, you'll need to splice in significantly more.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
error when calling ascend.ash, probably related to the new pandemonium content error message as printed by KOL mafia.

Code:
> call scripts\Ascend.ash

Bad location value: ""Friar's Gate"" (Ascend.ash, line 832)

Any fix for this would be great, I have searched the message boards for the ascend.ash, line 832, and the bad location value, as well as the complete string with no success.

Noted. Sounds like I need to publish a fix "soon" although Theraze's fix will at least keep things running.

ModeSix

Hi,

Not sure which thread to post this in, so I'll put it in both. :)

A few days ago I sent dj_d a Mr. A, and haven't gotten the password yet :( Can we please poke him vigorously.

Theraze

Should go in the official post. This thread is for fronobulax's unofficial support, nothing official. Have you sent the PM ingame yet? He lays out the proper steps to follow if the automatic system isn't working...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Hi,

Not sure which thread to post this in, so I'll put it in both. :)

A few days ago I sent dj_d a Mr. A, and haven't gotten the password yet :( Can we please poke him vigorously.

No problem. The next effect of posting in either thread is that I will eventually decide you have been patient enough and email dj_d - which I probably will do this morning ;-)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'll take a look. There are several changes I need to get out there and you may have saved me some work. Thanks.

Ferdawoon

I'm not sure what is causing it.
Code:
Working on quest step Meatcar.
Have 0 meat engine. Total needed is 1.
didn't get enough from pull.
Adventuring until you have 1 Gnollish toolbox
Degrassi Knoll is OK, as it will do <25% of your HP in damage if you get hit.
Safe to adventure in Degrassi Knoll. Will adjust MCD if needed and proceed.

Visit to Plains: Degrassi Knoll in progress...

[1001] Degrassi Knoll
Unknown adventure type encountered.
And at this point it open the Degrassi in the relay browser. I'm a muscle sign, so it cant adventure there and dont seem to understand what to do there.
Previous times, it have resolved when I've been out of Ronin and pulled all my junk from Hagnks (I admit I failed to actually read what stage of leveling it bug on so I guess I could have simply made the meatcar on my own to resolve this, but instead I burnt 1k adv to clear ronin ^.^ )

Now, it would seem to have the same issue with Untinkering, thinking that it need to do some adventuring instead of just going in there and grab it.
Code:
Checking step #8, 'Meatcar'.
Checking step #9, 'Untinker'.
Working on quest step Untinker.
Adventuring until you have 1 rusty screwdriver
Safe to adventure in Degrassi Knoll. Will adjust MCD if needed and proceed.

Visit to Plains: Degrassi Knoll in progress...

[1001] Degrassi Knoll
Unknown adventure type encountered.

Last edited:

icon315

Ok, here this one should be fixed, as i am not a muscle sign i can't test it. I'm gonna go ahead and delete the other ones

Attachments

• Ascend.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 33

Ferdawoon

Ok, here this one should be fixed, as i am not a muscle sign i can't test it. I'm gonna go ahead and delete the other ones

If the new version was ment to solve the script wanting to spend adv at the Degrassi when it can just go grab the items it want, it failed to do so =(

Edit: Yep. Sorry zlib issue not eatdrink. Commenting this part of zlib out

Code:
my_location() == $location[king's chamber] ||

should fix any scripts that call zlib.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

Edit: Yep. Sorry zlib issue not eatdrink. Commenting this part of zlib out

Code:
my_location() == $location[king's chamber] ||

should fix any scripts that call zlib.
The part with King's chamber is that a few of the locations in the Cobb's knob zone have changed name, and Mafia have changed the names as well, meaning every script that menion these locations will need to have the zone names changed. I'm using BCC ascension script atm and just quickly editing the names of hte locations in the script to match those that Mafia use now solved the issues.

Dunno if this is what your problem was though.