New Content - Implemented The Source

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I look forward to ascending into this path for the first time tomorrow. Hopefully after an IOTM which will help with it is released. ;)

Lxndr

There one thing I'd like to see. If KoL won't do this:

I'd love to see a link from the Oracle directly to the spookyraven phone (if we have enlightenment to spend). And a link BACK to the Oracle at the phone after we spend our Enlightenment.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Word on the street is that it's probably going to be released around mid-day tomorrow.
[16:27:47] darkgreycat: IOTM is going to be on time because the 1st of the month is finally not on a weekend. Right?
[16:28:02] Somersaulter: with the right mindset, everything is a weekend
[16:28:13] Somersaulter: of course, with the right mindset, everything is on time as well
[16:29:48] Shelldor: They haven't said it won't be yet, that's a good start
[16:46:28] yojimbos_law: dgc, I'm optimistic, so probably only half a day late.
[17:17:43] CDMoyer: I've got my money on mid-day, June 1st.

Bale

Minion
I'd love to see a link from the Oracle directly to the spookyraven phone (if we have enlightenment to spend). And a link BACK to the Oracle at the phone after we spend our Enlightenment.

That sort of thing is very nice for people who don't use ChIT. :D

Bale

Minion
That's nothing compared to the unified Western Skills Guild page I created for the last challenge path.

Bale

Minion
We should track how many turns the agent interval is at 200 without encountering an Agent. I was just told this...

[15:15] Anchon: first timer turn is 50% chance to appear
[15:15] Anchon: second turn after timer is 60%
[15:15] Anchon: 5th turn after is 100% if it CAN appear
[15:19] Anchon: i saw it on forum somewhere i think it was ungawa who posted.. and i havve been paying attention and anecdata says its true

If that is true, it would be useful to track. I'm thinking that it might be nice for ChIT to add xx% to the counter in place of a 0 when the timer is up.

Darzil

Developer
How do some of those turns being in places that cannot spawn an agent affect things? (eg have a non combat afterwards, or are a boss)

50% first turn seems wayyyy higher than I've seen.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
IIRC, !spoon zones do not increment the counter, but fights in other zones do (even if they can't be replaced by an agent).

Darzil

Developer
Ok, so I've heard that Agent can appear in !spoon zones, I guess only the first time. Is this only !spoon zones when on the quest that don't increment the counter?

If it's just that we increment sourceAgentDueCounter after each fight where sourceInterval is 200, and zone != sourceOracleTarget that should be pretty straightforward. Do we think that is the logic ?

I think this is the ungawa post referred to http://kolspading.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=480, which doesn't seem to say anything much like that. I suspect the next agent just appears in 20-24 combats (or whatever), and has an even chance to appear in each of those. That'd mean effectively, 20% chance first turn, 25% chance on second (if not on first), 33% chance on third (if not on 1st or 2nd), 50% chance on fourth (if not on 1st-3rd), and 100% chance on fifth (if not on 1st-4th).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
ungawa said:
I then also did a series of killing 24 writing desks to increment the Kill Count without letting the Agent spawn, and then visiting the crypt. I did this 10 times, and every time the Agent appeared the first turn in the crypt. The agent would beat me up and I'd repeat, so that's 10 counts of the Agent appearing at a Kill Count of 24.
Presumably that was a typo that meant to say "24 nightstands", which is consistent with my own brief spading.

Further, there is this datapoint:
ungawa said:
I performed this test to try to pinpoint the minimum kill count to see an Agent: get beaten up by an agent. kill 19 nightstands. run away from 10 goblins. kill a goblin. run away from a goblin. an agent spawned out of the next goblin
That seems like it rules out "the agent occurs after a predetermined number of combat wins".

I can check re: agents spawning in !spoon zones (and what effects quest status has).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
sourceInterval increments as usual when in a !spoon zone and the quest isn't currently active.

confirmation of quote #2 said:
[131] Madness Bakery
Encounter: dinner troll
Round 0: oneofmanynames wins initiative!
Round 1: oneofmanynames casts RETURN!

[132] Madness Bakery
Encounter: baguette lady

[133] Madness Bakery
Encounter: Heart of Madness

[134] Madness Bakery
Encounter: gingerbread murderer

[135] Madness Bakery
Encounter: crêep
Round 1: oneofmanynames wins the fight!
You acquire an item: crêepy mask
You acquire an item: wad of dough
After Battle: You gain 1 Strongness
After Battle: You gain 2 Mysteriousness

[135] Madness Bakery
Encounter: Agent Moyer

I've been spending 19 combats outside of the !spoon zone, then switching to the !spoon zone until I hit an agent. So far: 2 kills, 3 kills, (this test wherein I ran away until hitting an agent).