The Neo-Cow Farming Script

Banana Lord

Yeah, I've seen that too. Just remove everything from the relevant <something>_buffs.txt file. I literally don't have time to do anything on this at the moment. I don't even have the time to be writing this post, in fact :p

icon315

I may write a version that asks if you want to autobuff, might even make the NCF initialized better.

Also
PHP:
	if (!(item_amount($item[Spooky Putty monster]) > 0)) {

print("you don't have a putty monster to farm.", "red");

return false;

}
Shouldn't this be looking for Spooky putty sheet?

Last edited:

Theraze

Isn't the sheet the non-used version, and the monster the version when it's been used and is ready to be fought?

icon315

Yeah, but since it is putty farming, it should be checking for the putty sheet, so it can copy the monsters

Theraze

Ah... I was thinking it was farming from an existing monster... using the contained monster in the sheet, then recapturing it again. If that isn't the point... well, obviously then you'd want to check for sheets instead. :)

icon315

OK here is a version of NCF initialize.ash that asks questions and other things in order to figure out some settings.
Note, some settings are set automatically.

Attachments

• NCF Initialize.ash
    4.6 KB · Views: 28

Banana Lord

Thanks for that Icon, but I'm not sure that presenting the user with a seemingly endless pile of confirmation boxes is better than having them edit an irritating list. In fact I'm inclined to say it's worse. Now if you could make a relay script for editing NCF Initialize that would be fantastic :).

catatonicmonkey

Getting a funny error as it tries to initialize:

Code:
Placing meat into closet...
You have 4 putty uses left today.
Putting on outfit: HighItem
You are already wearing "HighItem."
No matching CCS found!

I've got the CCS files in my /ccs folder, they're propagated in my list. What am I missing?

catatonicmonkey

This is for putty farming, not for bountying. That's what's got me stumped, I looked through the Putty farming script and couldn't figure it out.

Now I'm still lost. I did the initialization setup stuff, but my scripts haven't propagated the values properly. What gives with that? I'm imagining that's why I'm having the problem.

Last edited:

Satns_sphnctr

yeah, the script works amazingly well, but it doesnt do the eatdrink thing. After playing around with it a bit, I suspect that I have to tell the eatdrink script that it is not in simulation mode? I thought I did this when I ran that script for the first time, but maybe I am missing something.

Winterbay

You need to tell eatdrink that everytime unless it gets called with the eatdrink() function with the appropriate variable set to "false". Not sure how it gets called in this case though :)

Satns_sphnctr

ok, sry for the double post, but I just found it:

you have to go to your data folder, and modify the character data file. Under one of the eatdrink entries, you have to change it from sim true to sim false.

pekan

Um, quick question: is there any way to make the script sniff Goth Giants?

I'm also having the problem with the eating.

Other than that and the "No matching CCS found" I get when clicking puttyfarming, it works great. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Banana Lord

Wowzers have the last few of months been busy. I haven't been able to so much as look at this script, or even play KoL. I have however learned a little bit more about the wonderful world of programming (and a few other things too). I do still have plans to develop this script, but they have been greatly delayed. If I'm lucky I'll be able to start doing a little work on it in a month, if I'm not then it'll have to wait until the end of the year. Which sucks, but there it is.

Thank you to all those who have helped out in this thread by providing pointers and bug fixes, and once again sorry for the delay.

Banana Lord

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this error?
Code:
[¶-1] has no matches.
I'd explain the context but it's relatively complicated so I'll try and avoid having to doing so.