Bug - Not A Bug The daily .exe build appears to be broken

TragicMissile

I downloaded the daily .exe build, as I do every day, but when I attempt to run it I get the following error: (path)\KoLmafia.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

The most recent .jar file works fine, it appears to just be the .exe. I tried to think of anything I may have done on my end to break it, but I really haven't changed anything on my system.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The "daily .exe build" has nothing to do with the KoLmafia project, since the only time we release a ".exe build" is with each major version. I'll be releasing 13.4 soon enough; we're finishing up Heavy Rains support, Twitch is coming and, well, maybe we should just wait for the net IOTM? In any case, soon.

If you are downloading a .exe build every day, perhaps that is Catch-22's thing? If so, post on his thread. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the KoLmafia project itself.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, you are talking about a .exe build that kolmafia.us itself offers to you?
Fewyn, do you have anything to say about this?
Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Just to be completely clear: this has nothing to do with the KoLmafia source code or build system itself - although if I release 13.4 by and by and people make this same comment abut the .exe file I upload to sourceforge, I'll have to rethink that.

You are complaining about an issue with the kolmafia.us provided .exe file. Do such complaints belong here tagged as a "Bug", or should they go to Community Support, or what?

I don't have an answer. Thoughts?

TragicMissile

I understand what you're saying, and where you're coming from, although I didn't when I posted the "bug". I have read that you only release the official .exe with major releases, but I had forgotten that fact.

As I said above, the .jar file works perfectly, so this isn't a big deal for me. I was only pointing it out in case others had issues. I don't know how many people use the .exe download, and I don't know if anybody else had problems.

I was trying to be helpful, not open a can of worms.

Last edited: