Bug - Waiting for Info Summon Clip Art fails with "Skill ID Not Saved"

LordAo

The Skill Casting Tab has the "Summon Clip Art" option as a selectable skill, but upon invoking it, the status bar and gCLI both display "Skill ID Not Saved" instead of doing any type of summoning. I've searched through the threads, but I can't find any that point to this error.

A solution would be one of the following:

• Allow the user to select which item to summon
  • Summon the most expensive items and Mall them (like Bale's script does)
  • Not display it as a usable skill if the interface does not support it

I've reproduced this on three machines (just to make certain) using the daily build from 9.10.2014.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah. Just don't do that. Go to the "create" tab of the Item Manager and make what you want.

Darzil

Developer
I think it might be good to provide a better error message, and to not try to submit a cast clip art request to KoL without the items specified, which I guess we must be doing for parseResponse to return that.

Allowing the user to choose which item to summon sounds like quite a lot of work for little reward.
Summoning most expensive is rarely the right move in run, and more the thing for a user specified script. Defaulting is similiarly dangerous.
It should be displayed as a usable skill as it is one, and we'd get bug reports if it didn't show. I wouldn't want to grey it out as that is done when the user has cast all they can. Maybe we can handle it with a message popup or something to say basically what Veracity just said.

Darzil

Developer
r14620 puts up a message to the user if you try to cast clip art suggesting using the create tab, and does not submit a blank clip art request to KoL. Untested as I'm in Heavy Rains with no access to Clip Art.

LordAo

Couldn't the program take the user to the Item Manager? (I'm a UX designer: I can only code with crayons)