"summary" quiet failure - empty file

izchak

I'm trying to use the CLI "summary" command to save a summary of the current session to a file, for spading purposes. However, I appear to keep getting an empty file!
Well, almost empty. It's a 4-byte file, not a zero byte file, it appears to have two lines with carriage returns, but thats close enough to empty.

Here is the code I use to call summary, near the end of an ASH script:
Code:
cli_execute("summary " + my_name() + ".summary_" + today_to_string() + ".txt");
cli_execute("encounters " + my_name() + ".adventures_" + today_to_string() + ".txt");

The encounters file seems to be OK. Its a little sparse, but it has the appropriate data. However, the summary file is useless!

Is there a chance that the summary command has been broken by a recent update, and nobody noticed because it isn't used, or does the problem lie on my end, and with my script?

If you're using the summary CLI command successfully with 10.9, please say so, that way I will know for sure the problem is on my end, and I'm probably doing something funky...

izchak

I have taken a fresh look at this, and it appears that 'summary [filename]' is ignoring its argument, and just printing out to the console, without writing to the specified file.

Temporary fix:
Code:
cli_execute("echo " + my_name() + ".summary_" + today_to_string() + ".txt");
cli_execute("summary");
cli_execute("echo");

That should work until it is fixed,

hippymon

I am now having the same problem described in Izchak's first post. Using his script with the same command I get a file without any info in it....