Feature - Implemented string_modifier("_spec", slot)

Bale

Minion
Would it be possible to add a string_modifier that returns equipment in use?

I'm writing a script that tests a number of familiars through the maximizer (with various maximization values) and then retrieves _spec values. It would be nice if I could find out what familiar the maximizer prefers. I'd rather not waste the server hits to actually equip the familiar with the maximizer in order to find out. Right now, unless I'm missing something, there is no way to find out what familiar gets equipped.

H'okay, this is a subset of not being able to tell any gear that gets equipped unless you actually have the maximizer equip it, but honestly I don't care about that. Still, it would probably make someone happy if any equipment slot could be used as a parameter in string_modifier.

This feature would be nice because lack of server hits is ALWAYS a good thing.

Curiously, right now I can check string_modifier("_spec", "outfit") and it will tell me if an outfit (most likely the Bounty-Hunting Rig) gets equipped. It's kinda quirky to be able to tell exactly that much about gear and no more. ;)

Last edited:

Winterbay

Can't you do a speculative maximizer call with a "switch familar" addon and do checks on the resulting modifiers? I think my version of farm does that but I don't have it here at the moment (forgot my usb-stick at home).

Bale

Minion
Can't you do a speculative maximizer call with a "switch familar" addon and do checks on the resulting modifiers? I think my version of farm does that but I don't have it here at the moment (forgot my usb-stick at home).

I can. That works very well. However it won't tell me what familiar was best for that purpose out of the several that I submitted as options. I'd like to use that information.

Bale

Minion
I still think that this would be a nice feature, but I figured out an alternate method of accomplishing my goals that might be better, so I'm okay.

Bale

Minion
I'm curious now!

Are you calling maximize() once for each familiar?

Not right now, though I'm considering it. I'm calculating familiar modifiers separately. Though I'm starting to think that my solution is sub-optimal since it won't make use of gear that boosts familiar weight. The benefit is that I can calculate the optimal familiar at max weight, even if they are not evenly leveled at current time.

I've noticed in the course of this that maximizer lacks a keyword to equip a familiar even if it might be suboptimal at the current weight. I can consider the max weight if I calculate it separately. I think I'd really like a +equip keyword that will equip a familiar, not just an item.

Alternately it might be nice if I could add specified familiar weight to switch.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'm marking this implemented. Even though you did it differently, you certainly provided availability to all the information requested in this thread.