Feature - Implemented Store Manager Revamp

Bale

Minion
It's weird because they switch from left-aligned to right-aligned when you're editing them. Then back to left-aligned after you're done editing.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It used to be that I would double-click on a cell to edit it (as I do now) and the value was highlighted, so I could immediately start typing over the value already there. Now the cursor is put at the front of the number, so I end up using Ctrl-A to highlight the text before I start typing in a number to replace it (or at least I expect I will be doing that the majority of the time, or going with the slower option of holding Delete or something to get rid of it). Maybe I'm in the minority in wanting to overwrite the current price most of the time.

As for number alignment, I think it would be nice if the tens columns, hundreds, and so on were lined up. If everything had the same number of digits it wouldn't matter, but going from 7 to 6 to 5 digits with left-alignment looks weird to me.

Winterbay

Well, you need to double-click to edit now, while before it was enough with a single click and you can't go from editing one number to directly editing another one with just clicking the down-arrow, you need to double click on each item to be able to update them. Also, before the value was selected by default so you could just type over it to update it while now you need to select it yourself or press delete until it's gone.
I'm guessing that's the "takes more steps part" at least.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Commas show up when you edit.
I forgot to address that before. As my previous post points out, step 1 for me is wiping out all traces of the previous value. Then I type in the new price and exit the cell, and there are no commas to let me know that I'm not missing a zero. If I want commas, I have to go in to edit the value again, where commas finally show up.

roippi

Developer
Ah well. Looks like I have more work to do. Right-aligning is fine. I don't know about selecting all by default, but I guess that's desirable behavior for someone who manually reprices 999m items.

I don't know that I'll be doing anything with the down arrow. I might install a mouse listener to make enter start editing when you have a row selected, or something. Really low priority.

I forgot to address that before. As my previous post points out, step 1 for me is wiping out all traces of the previous value. Then I type in the new price and exit the cell, and there are no commas to let me know that I'm not missing a zero. If I want commas, I have to go in to edit the value again, where commas finally show up.

So you want the price column formatted with commas by default.

Winterbay

I actually get no commas, I get spaces as a thousand-separator. But I guess that is dependent on the Look and Feel chosen?

roippi

Developer
Various commits up through r11218 should address most of those issues, and adds a bit more shininess.