Bug - Fixed stills_available() says 10 right after ascension, despite no still access

Rinn

Developer
stills_available() returning 10 if guild is still locked

I noticed today that if you never unlock the moxie guild hall stills_available() returns 10 instead of what I assume should be 0.

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
Are you a moxie class? If so, there are indeed 10 stills available... you just have to jump through a few hoops first to access them. In such a case, 10 seems to me a more correct value than 0. However, if you're a non-moxie class, then this would be a bug. Please let us know!

Theraze

But until you unlock the moxie guild, you would have 0 available, correct? Yes, you can unlock the guild... but if you aren't doing it for some reason, you don't have any available at that point in time...

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
But until you unlock the moxie guild, you would have 0 available, correct? Yes, you can unlock the guild... but if you aren't doing it for some reason, you don't have any available at that point in time...

That's kind of a "how you look at it difference." If I have 10 dollars in the bank, but no way to get there / to an ATM today, do I have $10 available or $0 available? In a practical sense, the latter. But the bank will say the former. Similarly, if I want to know how many still uses I could access for the day, I generally think 10 would be more informative than 0; especially as one can combine with the property "lastGuildUnlock" to see whether they are immediately available or just technically available.

To each their own, but I try to approach these things the way V & Hola would, and I personally think they would say this is "not a bug." But I could easily be wrong.

Theraze

As long as the 'lastGuildUnlock' gets checked in whatever script is described, that should meet the need Rinn expressed, yes?

Bale

Minion
I'm marking this as not a bug. Obviously if a dev disagrees with me and wants to change the behavior, then they'll switch the tag.

slyz

Developer
I would consider this a bug if Mafia thinks it can make concoctions that cannot be crafted without unlocking the guild beforehand.

EDIT: btw, the preference is lastGuildStoreOpen, not lastGuildUnlock. But the still is available as soon as you pass the first guild test, right? Not when the store is unlocked.

EDIT2: from what I see in the code in GuildRequest.parseResponse(), the number of available stills should be 0 if the store hasn't been unlocked.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
I'm merging with Picklish's odler bug report and remarking as a Bug.

Rinn: had you just ascended? Or switched from one character to another?

I noticed that KoLCharacter.stillsAvailable is set to 0 when you start Mafia (KoLCharacter.java, line 308), but should probably be -1 according to KoLCharacter.getStillsAvailable(). It is correctly reset to -1 in KoLCharacter.reset(), which is called when you ascend or log on another character.

When KoLCharacter.stillsAvailable is -1, KoLCharacter.getStillsAvailable() requests a visit to "guild.php?place=still". If the matcher "with (\\d+) bright" doesn't match anything in the response, KoLCharacter.stillsAvailable should be set to 0.

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
I was a couple days into aftercore of a casual ascension where I never opened the guild.

slyz

Developer
What happens if you visit "guild.php?place=still" before unlocking the guild? Could you get the HTML of the page?

EDIT: as a Muscle sign, I get the message: "There's still no still here, so be still". It's probably not very helpful though =)

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Apparently r9137 only dealt with the Daily Deeds panel. Something is happening in KoLCharacter.java or GuildRequest.java that makes it think that the number of available stills is 10 when it shouldn't have access to the still to check.