StDoodle's Custom Daily Deeds : Relay Browser Version

Theraze

I was thinking of having that option being configurable at any time, and only displayed in the actual system if you're in BM and have the option turned on.

StDoodle

Minion
Yeah, that's what I would do for sure. It's just that the very first time the script is run it defaults to being "off" and going BM wouldn't automatically turn it back "on"; you'd need to set it up via "settings". Like I said, kinda buggy script behavior. :( (The problem is that I tried to save storage, and really should have used another property in addition to the ones given to each daily deed. Sigh.)

StDoodle

Minion
I never did get around to an actual "delete" option for custom deeds... however, setting it to "never show" will essentially do the same thing, except that it will still be saved and shown in the "custom" drop-down. If you want to delete it completely, you'd need to edit the data file (if you have more than one custom setting, you may need to make sure they're numbered from 0 to max).

StDoodle

Minion
Rogue program is there; if you ran the script before putting one in your terrarium, it may not show until you enable it under "setup." Does it show up on that panel?

StDoodle

Minion
Version 4.0 Released

Things added / changed in this version include:

• Fax Machine support (new setting)
  • Lunch Break support (new setting)
  • Executive Narcolepsy (in free rest tracking)
  • Housing Changes (in free rest tracking)
    • add pumpkin
    • show mp & hp (including bonus furniture!)
    • misc. resting buffs not included
  • Demon Summoning (new setting)
    • summon demon from script
    • enabling is "SMRT"*
  • Island Arena buffs (new setting)
  • Styx Pixie Buffs (new setting)
  • Chip Bags from clan snack machine (new setting)
Further notes:

Regarding the * for "SMRT": the script checks that you have either a scroll & three candles or the parts to make a scroll. It requires you to have an additional inkwell (if you have parts, ignored for a pre-made scroll in inventory) and an additional candle unless you have a (nearly or) full scope & don't need them (it assumes the worst for those with <6 upgrades).

While I plan to maintain showing the avg. HP & MP restore in the free rest tooltip, I have absolutely no plans to ever support showing what additional buffs / benefits you may receive from resting; it's just too much. Sorry.

Fax machine use is a bit much for me to foresee adding in any script-accessible commands. I hope everyone understands.

Demon summoning will be a long-ass list of buttons for many folks. I'm open to feedback on that, but doubt I'll be able to easily support any kind of text-box or anything. The options (up for a vote, perhaps) are to trim it to ascension-relevant stuff (Preternatural Greed, maybe drinks) or leave it all.

While I added the snack machine 'cause it's so easy, I don't really see the advantage of tracking that kind of thing from my script vs. from mafia's breakfast handling; hence why I didn't add the toaster (not entirely clear on it's current inventory status, don't care. :p).

A lot of this stuff (almost all) is untested; I highly doubt there will be any catastrophic failures, but it's possible some buttons & settings may not show properly, or even do their actions as specified. You may want to check the cli the first time. Please report any such bugs & I'll do what I can to fix them (currently in-run, but will address any bug reports next time I bust prism).

There isn't much I still want to add at this point, but two things are worth mentioning.

Daily Dungeon: Does anyone want this added? If it is, it will probably have a display threshold based on the # of room 10 items you have... I can't think of a "better" solution. I highly doubt I'd go further (no tooltip info on the current day's dungeon), as that's quite a bit of work to save you from checking the N.O. Calendar. :p

Zap Wand: I really can't think of a non-dangerous way of tracking this. Currently, I can only check the wand status with visit_url(), and that just... worries me. Ideally, I'd love to see a mafia preference added to track how many times you've zapped the current day, and if we had that supporting the wand would be trivial. But until then, I'm hesitant to touch it.

Please let me know if there are any comments / concerns / bugs.

AlbinoRhino

As far as I can tell, the war arena buff only shows up if you have it set to "Always Show". When set to "Show if Under Threshold", it fails to display it on the "list deeds" page even when it is available.

I think the zap wand would be nice, if it's possible. Personally, I don't think the daily dungeon is needed. The demon names look fine to me, even with many buttons.

Some tooltips telling what the arena and pool table buffs do would be nice. Also, maybe add the Bag o' Tricks to the "MISC" section ?

Or just leave it all as it is, because it's a great and useful script anyhow !

StDoodle

Minion
As far as I can tell, the war arena buff only shows up if you have it set to "Always Show". When set to "Show if Under Threshold", it fails to display it on the "list deeds" page even when it is available.

Harumph, you're right. Today's actually the first day I've been in a position to test it and remembered to do so (ran through the gash last run). I'll make sure I fix that before I ascend this time. ;)

I think the zap wand would be nice, if it's possible. Personally, I don't think the daily dungeon is needed. The demon names look fine to me, even with many buttons.

Yeah, I'll get to the zap wand I'm sure. It's just one of the ones that I'm very leery of screwing up, so I want to make sure I have time to do it right. Daily Dungeon I'm back and forth on; there were a couple of times it would have been nice to have, for me. As far as demon names go, I have all but one myself, and was quite surprised that they don't look half bad. So that'll probably stay.

Some tooltips telling what the arena and pool table buffs do would be nice.

Tooltips are a good bit of extra work; I have every intention to add those wherever useful, but wanted to get this release out with at least basic support, first. I also plan to add them for demons and a summary of pumpkin-made usable items for the garden.

Also, maybe add the Bag o' Tricks to the "MISC" section ?

Heh, don't have one, which is probably how I missed / forgot it. But it looks simple enough to add, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Or just leave it all as it is, because it's a great and useful script anyhow !

Thanks! Glad it's useful.

StDoodle

Minion
Ok, made all of the changes outlined above, including the zap wand! I'm still a bit uneasy about that one, so if you guys could keep an eye on it and let me know I'd appreciate it.

Note that there's a simple little script included in the first post that you'll want to run if you've used 4.0, 4.1 or (the unreleased?) 4.2 versions to fix some stupid bugs.

AlbinoRhino

The zap wand appears to work fine. Once a backup file is saved, should it appear in the dropdown list on the "files" page ? I can see that the files actually get saved in the data folder, but they never show in the dropdown list.

StDoodle

Minion
Huh, I'm not even seeing files getting saved. I'm pretty sure this used to work; I'll have to see what I borked. :(

AlbinoRhino

Suddenly I am getting this in the CLI when I try to run the script :

Code:
Invalid line in data file: "r -1" (relay_Custom_Daily_Deeds.ash, line 1739)
Invalid key in data file: -1
There was in error in loading your settings; check directory permissions & try again.

Using r8974.

StDoodle

Minion
I've noticed some occasional weirdness with a similar message in several scripts lately, but not yet with enough predictability to give a meaningful bug report.

tragus

I was also getting "invalid key" errors, both when running the 4.0-4.2 update line mentioned on the first page and then running the relay script itself. Deleting the file custd_<username>_deeds.txt did the trick, since it got reset/rebuilt automagically.

Sorry, I didn't save the context enough to report the bug.

StDoodle

Minion
There was a recent bugfix to how caching is handled in KoLmafia; hopefully the latest daily build will fix everything up.

illarion

I've just upgraded from an old version, and I was getting this error:
Invalid line in data file: "setting 2" (relay_Custom_Daily_Deeds.ash, line 1739)
Invalid key in data file: 2
There was in error in loading your settings; check directory permissions & try again.

Deleting custd_<username>_deeds.txt as tragus suggests fixed it for me.

StDoodle

Minion
Yup; there was a brief error in how KoLmafia read / wrote data files if they had any special characters; any data files written during that period became corrupt. Sorry. :(