stale overrides

I have a classskills.txt override file that I keep for my buffbot (essentially void of any skill it doesn't need to be aware of, to aid the operation of to_skill) but mafia has recently determined that it is "stale".

Anyway to mark the file as permanently fresh?

If not, how do I go about restoring the files fresh state as is? Just re-save it (read: is this determined by last modified date)?

Also, is there anyway to reload override files after mafia has started, or do I have to log out/close mafia?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If you compile builds yourself, just edit the data file in the subversion repository. You'll have to remove any skills that are added to mafia later to keep it the way you want it.

Theraze

Possibly if you take the file and mark its modification date into the future... though that may trigger other things. Other than date hacking, not likely to be much else you can do, besides avoiding replacing the jar.

What's being compared to determine if the file is stale?
Last modified date of the JAR/EXE to that of the override file itself?
(Just trying to figure out how frequently I should be resaving the override)

Theraze

Well, I'd just suggest turning your date to 2012 or so, save the file, turn date back to 2011. Voila... unless AV or something tags the file as malicious, you're set for a year.