Feature - Rejected Spooky Forest - Choice adventure - skip adventure

Raar

Hi everyone,

I registered an account just to make this request.

I was looking to do the triffid bark bounty hunter quest, and imagine my surprise in finding that there is no choice adventure under the spooky forest to not consume an adventure!

(This would require selecting the Explore the Stream option, then Squeeze into the cave)

If the adventure does exist, then the correct choice adventure is not intuitive, and I would request that it either be renamed to note that it can skip an adventure, or an additional "skip an adventure' option be added.

xKiv

Iirc, Jick mentioned in a radio show (or was that CDM in a forum post?) that the presence of a zero-adventure option in that encounter is a bug and will be removed.
So I wouldn't put much effort into this.

Winterbay

Why? I mean the "hit a monkey with a bone"-choice when finding the map didn't take a turn before so why should it suddenly do so now?

xKiv

Because there's only one noncombat now, so letting it have a zero-cost opt-out has much bigger effect than having it in one noncombat out of many.

stannius

I think visiting the bar hunter and then taking your leave also does not consume an adventure, though I could be wrong.

The "squeeze into the cave" option is new, so how could it be a bug that it doesn't consume an adventure?

Theraze

The "squeeze into the cave" option is new, so how could it be a bug that it doesn't consume an adventure?

If Jick says it's a bug, it's a bug, regardless of if it's new or old. That's one of the benefits of being the coder. You get to define what's a bug, what's a feature, and what's a feature with many, many legs.