Spanish n problem

Banana Lord

PHP:
string [effect] buffbot_buffs;
load_current_map("HAR_Buffbot_Data", buffbot_data);
map_to_file(buffbot_data, "HAR_Buffbot_Data.txt");

I've been trying out Zarqon's map manager with a data file, and as you can see somewhere along the line the n's in jalapeno and jabanero are getting munched. This occurs with a regular or Spanish n. Can anyone suggest where the problem might be occurring? I could work around the problem by making the key a string rather than an effect and modifying the script accordingly, but I thought I'd ask here first in case there's a better solution.

Bale

Minion
I'm not having this problem at all. Check out my stock map here. You'll see that my jabañero-flavored chewing gum is faithfully stored there.

PS. A tilde over an n is called an eñe. (Pronounced enye.)

Banana Lord

I'm not having this problem at all. Check out my stock map here. You'll see that my jabañero-flavored chewing gum is faithfully stored there.
Thanks Bale :)

PS. A tilde over an n is called an eñe. (Pronounced enye.)
I was feeling awkward for not knowing that (I'm a massive grammar pedant, and evidentially that applies to other languages too :)).

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Wow. I learned a new word eñe and decided to look up pedant just to be sure I knew that one as well. Thanks.

A perhaps related tangent. I want a *nix command line utility that would 'expand' special characters so that jabañero became jabañero and so on. KoLmafia's encoding change broke some of my *nix scripts and I'd like to fix them but my search fu has been woefully inadequate. Usually that means the answer is so obvious I am missing it but I'm not too proud to ask. Thanks.

Theraze

Check into the htmlize package, if it's available for your distribution... That does the other side of conversion, at least. :)

Edit: Or this script?

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Check into the htmlize package, if it's available for your distribution... That does the other side of conversion, at least. :)

Edit: Or this script?

Thanks. I'm actually using Cygwin and the sed script goes in the wrong direction but I pretty much know what I need to do now. I will copy and paste from the script and craft what I need.