Bug - Cannot Reproduce Sorry, you don't have a display case. LIES! LIES I TELL YOU!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I do in fact have a display case, i have the most current build.
Works for me.

Seriously, under what circumstances does it tell you that? If there is not enough information to try and reproduce the problem then no one is going to look at it ;-)

silrog

I'm actually getting this same message. Whenever I click the Museum Display menu item under the Tools menu, it gives me the "Sorry, you don't have a display case." message.

I'm using 14.3 but not any of the nightly builds.

I tried logging out and restarting Mafia and even waited through a rollover to see if that would reset it, but I'm still getting the same message.

I can get into my display case through the relay browser and am able to do all the different functions that way.

Theraze

Try the daily builds before reporting bugs, since otherwise you're using 2 month old code and reporting issues fixed weeks or months back?

silrog

Oops, sorry. You're totally right, although the Sunday weekly build had the same problem, the 8833 daily build worked. I should have tried that first!

Theraze

That's not as bad as I was expecting... when you said 14.3, I was expecting you to be another person on the 'stable' build and wondering why nothing from the last 2 months of changes was working right. :D

Xploding Bill

Display Case not found in the Cannon Museum

I know this has been fixed in previous svn builds but I can't find those anywhere. How can I get my version (14.3) of mafia with build 8866 to realize that I do in fact have a DC? I'm rather new to Mafia and can't seem to find any switches to change things and I'm not sure where to look in the game files to be honest.

Thanks in advance!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
He claims to have 14.3 (r8866) - which is the latest.
Turn on debug logging, visit your Char Sheet, turn off debug logging, and post the log, please.

Thanks.

Winterbay

He claims to have 14.3 (r8866) - which is the latest.
Turn on debug logging, visit your Char Sheet, turn off debug logging, and post the log, please.

Thanks.

Right, that should learn me to not respond on auto-pilot. Haven't checked the version numbers in a bit under a week due to holidays :)

Xploding Bill

Well, it says there are too many pictures to post - I assume it has to do with headers - but here's what I CAN post. I can always send it email or whatever if you need more info...btw, I deleted the cookie as I wasn't sure what info was in there. I've attached the full debug file also.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
KoLmafia v14.3, Windows XP, Java 1.6.0_22
Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread. If you
would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report
at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were
doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment.
Timestamp: Thu Dec 30 22:56:12 EST 2010

class net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest
Connecting to charsheet.php...

Requesting: http://www2.kingdomofloathing.com/charsheet.php
2 request properties

Field: Cookie = [deleted]
Field: User-Agent = [KoLmafia v14.3]

Retrieving server reply...

Retrieved: http://www2.kingdomofloathing.com/charsheet.php

10 header fields
Field: null = [HTTP/1.1 200 OK]
Field: Date = [Fri, 31 Dec 2010 03:56:14 GMT]
Field: Transfer-Encoding = [chunked]
Field: Expires = [Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT]
Field: Connection = [close]
Field: Content-Type = [text/html; charset=UTF-8]
Field: Server = [Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)]
Field: X-Powered-By = [PHP/5.1.6]
Field: Cache-Control = [no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0]
Field: Pragma = [no-cache]

Attachments

• DEBUG_20101231.txt
    17.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The debug log is all I need. Being careful with cookies and such is admirable, but not really an problem in this case; the password has is valid for only a single session and is re-generated for your next one.

I'll look at your log. Thanks!

Edit: That is very odd. I can see "You own a display case in the Museum" on your Char Sheet. When we look at the Char Sheet, if we see "in the Museum", we mark you as having a display case.

In other words, it should have worked.

Except, looking a little more closely, you appear to be running stock 14.3 - NOT a later daily build that works as I describe.

Get a daily build - or wait a couple days until the new IOTM comes out, I add support for it, and spin 14.4...

Last edited:

Xploding Bill

Grrr...I went ahead and deleted everything in my KoL folder and re-downloaded 8868 and decompressed it. Cool. Now where do I start Mafia from? I love the program but this is getting VERY frustrating.

Xploding Bill

Yeah well, I have my system set to decompress compressed files automatically so it took me a bit to make it work but everything is kosher now! Thanks for the help!