SmartStasis -- a complex script for a simple CCS

Winterbay

Not to be picky or anything but shouldn't that be the other 56/10000ths of the time? Percentage is after all already /100ths...

tmoi

Ok, quick newbie question. I am trying to figure out how to configure the script and when I try running it I get asked some questions.

Please input a value for int initround

Please input a value for monster foe

What does this stuff mean? I searched the thread, but I saw no mention of the queries.

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

What do you mean by "configure the script"? SmartStasis is designed to run as a consult script as part of a CCS. If you can provide more detail as to what you're doing I, or someone else, might be able to provide a better answer.

tmoi

Well, I'm not really sure how to term it. I'm just trying to get it to work. When I run the script from mafia I get a popup that states:

Please input a value for int initround

There is a blank with the option to hit OK or cancel, but I don't know what initround refers to. If I click OK either with or without entering anything I get a second popup that states:

Please input a value for monster foe

I don't know what to put for that one either, but at this point I get error messages saying that whatever I put is not a known value and the popup stays until I hit cancel. Haven't really fooled with it because I don't want to edit the script settings in some weird way without knowing what initround or monster foe are.

Hopefully this is normal right? I just watched the episode of Shameless where the guy finds out that apparently, most people just has 2 testicles and he may have a tumor.

Magus_Prime

You should never be asked for the values you are describing. How are you running the script? Please describe exactly what you are doing.

tmoi

The problem is that you are trying to run the script. You need to put it in a CCS.

Ok, that makes sense. I set up the CSS the way it says to at the beginning. I think it was working? The idea is that manages your combat macros when you run a different script like wossname.ash or adventure from the mafia browser, correct? I tried testing it with my NPZR and an ant sickle in the Knob Treasury to see what it would do but I think I just need to play with it a little more to figure out how to use it right.

Out of adventures today though...

Magus_Prime

SmartStasis will try to determine whether there is any benefit to drawing out a combat encounter. If there is it will try to choose the least expensive way to do so, without killing you.

Sometimes SmartStasis will end up killing the monster but your CCS still needs some, post SmartStasis, combat action to complete the fight.

tmoi

Thanks, I'll try that.

Also, was wondering. I did the math and figured out that if I buy a bittycar meatcar and use it every battle it should start gaining me positive cash flow after about 100 days at the current mall price. Would smartstasis throw it out there if I buy one?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Thanks, I'll try that.

Also, was wondering. I did the math and figured out that if I buy a bittycar meatcar and use it every battle it should start gaining me positive cash flow after about 100 days at the current mall price. Would smartstasis throw it out there if I buy one?

You don't use it in combat, you use it once at the start of the day. So no, SmartStasis will not and cannot do anything with it.

fxer

Sounds like most development time is going into BatBrain, are SmartStasis updates on the horizon for things like Romantic Arrows and nanorhino buffs? Thanks Zarqon!

bumcheekcity

A bit of a strange one - but I think it was Smart Stasis which used to flyer everything when appropriate, but for some reason I can't work out how to turn this on (I must have turned it off, or maybe WHAM turned it off or something)?

Code:
> zlib flyereverything = true

No setting named 'flyereverything' exists.

Bale

Minion
flyereverything no longer exists. It was replaced with BatMan_flyereverything

What about WHAM_noitemsplease? If it is true, then it won't flyer.

Winterbay

I don't think WHAM_noitemsplease affects how SS does anything actually only the way WHAM ends stuff. That said, SmartStasis still looks for [to_boolean(vars["flyereverything"]) so that could definitely be a source for oddities.

Bale

Minion
I had trouble flyering once because I was using WHAM_noitemsplease. Turning that off fixed the problem. You were filtering all items out before calling your version of SS. Have you changed that since then?

That said, SmartStasis still looks for [to_boolean(vars["flyereverything"]) so that could definitely be a source for oddities.

Ooo. I'd already fixed the code locally and forgot about that. Good point.

Last edited:

Winterbay

I had trouble flyering once because I was using WHAM_noitemsplease. Turning that off fixed the problem. You were filtering all items out before calling your version of SS. Have you changed that since then?

Yep, that changed a while ago due to some change in how batbrain loaded batfactors so that removing things before calling act was no longer a good solution. I now filter them out in the ok()-function which SS isn't using for obvious reasons.

bumcheekcity

flyereverything no longer exists. It was replaced with BatMan_flyereverything

What about WHAM_noitemsplease? If it is true, then it won't flyer.

Little strange:

Code:
> zlib BatMan_flyereverything = true

Previous value of BatMan_flyereverything: true

> zlib WHAM_noitemsplease = false

Previous value of WHAM_noitemsplease: false

Which, when testing, gave me:
Code:
[819] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Encounter: batwinged gremlin
Round 0: bumcheekcity wins initiative!
Changing "tavern cellar" to "The Typical Tavern Cellar" would get rid of this message (zlib.ash, line 648)
ATT: 310 (100% × 6.17, death in 151)
DEF: 310 (95.45% × 139.7 (15), win in 3)
HP: 332, Value: 1,208.96 μ, RES: 0
WHAM: Monster HP is 332.0.
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Profit per round: ActionProfitDamageOtherbase (0μ)0μ--
Round 1: bumcheekcity executes a macro!
Round 1: bumcheekcity casts TOSS!
Round 2: You pick up Gonald and toss him at your opponent, dealing 13 damage. Go Gonald!
Round 2: batwinged gremlin takes 13 damage.
Round 2: Gonald tosses you, sending you crasheening into your opponent, bowling it over and leaving it dazed and confused.
Round 2: batwinged gremlin drops 4 attack power.
Round 2: batwinged gremlin drops 3 defense.
You lose 2 hit points
Round 2: bumcheekcity executes a macro!
Round 2: bumcheekcity casts TOSS!
Round 3: You pick up Gonald and toss him at your opponent, dealing 13 damage. Go Gonald!
Round 3: batwinged gremlin takes 13 damage.
Round 3: Gonald tosses you, sending you crasheening into your opponent, bowling it over and leaving it dazed and confused.
Round 3: batwinged gremlin drops 3 attack power.
Round 3: batwinged gremlin drops 3 defense.
You lose 1 hit point
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: We are going to 3-shot with attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon and attack with your weapon.
Round 3: bumcheekcity executes a macro!
Round 3: bumcheekcity attacks!
Round 4: batwinged gremlin takes 120 damage.
You lose 2 hit points
Round 4: bumcheekcity attacks!
Round 5: batwinged gremlin takes 129 damage.
You lose 1 hit point
Round 5: bumcheekcity attacks!
Round 6: batwinged gremlin takes 129 damage.
Round 6: bumcheekcity wins the fight!
You gain 76 Meat
After Battle: Gonald greams happily, baring a mouthful of scarpy teeth.
You gain 42 Muscleboundness
You gain 22 Enchantedness
You gain 23 Chutzpah