SmartStasis -- a complex script for a simple CCS

zarqon

This script does not consider restoring MP outside of combat, so the availablility of disco rests has nothing to do with this script's decision to cast Concentration.

More pertinent info: What familiar are you using? Do you have any goals specified? Can you show some CLI output where the script casts Concentration but not Nirvana?

The script doesn't seem to be checking if you are a Disco Bandit before trying to use disco combos. The combos don't do anything for other classes.

zarqon

The combos don't do anything for other classes.

Really?? Learn something new every day. I guess some of my perming order plans need a bit of reworking then, too.

Fixed.

Now let's see. There's turtle taming in BBB, seal clubbing in AutoClub, combat ghost summoning in FTF, and disco combos in SS. I guess AT's and S's have the least special content, eh?

Bale

Minion
S's get to make triple potions and get +5 turns from potions.

Meanwhile AT's just get to sneak into other guild stores which means that they get MMJ. They sorta got shafted, but they're so otherwise awesome that I cannot feel sorry for them.

Bale

Minion
True. Sauceror spell splashback is awesome. As soon as monsters can survive my wave of sauce, I spellcast like mad.

zarqon

I suppose some kind of support for splashback should make its way into the combat branch of the someday eventually CCS suite. But that's just a class ability during combat, not really class-specific content. And AT's don't have anything, poor guys. The generous class gets the short straw.

Heffed

I don't know why, but this script interferes with the completion of the Orc Chasm quest.

This is the first ascension I've tried with SmartStatis. I spent an abnormal amount of turns trying to complete the chasm. At first I just assumed it was bad RNG luck. Then I noticed that my 64067 scrolls would get created, then they would disappear and I wouldn't have a 64735 scroll to show for it...

Looking at the log, with SmartStasis running I see things like:
Code:
[635] Orc Chasm
Encounter: rampaging adding machine
Round 0: HappyHead wins initiative!
Round 1: HappyHead uses the 30669 scroll!
You lose 12 hit points
Round 2: HappyHead uses the 33398 scroll!
Adjusted combat item count: 64067 scroll
You acquire an item: 64067 scroll
Round 3: HappyHead uses the 668 scroll!
Adjusted combat item count: 64067 scroll (-1)
You gain 7 Fortitude
You gain 2 Wizardliness
You gain 17 Cheek

Hmmm... I'm not sure what it's telling me here. It's not showing that the 64067 scroll was used, but apparently it has been removed from the combat item count, so was it used? Is it somehow using the scroll as a combat item instead of feeding it into the machine to get my desired quest scroll? Is that even possible? :confused:

And again:
Code:
[711] Orc Chasm
Round 3: HappyHead uses the 668 scroll!
You gain 5 Fortitude
You gain 9 Wizardliness
You gain 12 Smarm

When I noticed the 64067's disappearing, my first thought was a code change in KoLmafia itself was causing odd things to be happening. Then I remembered I haven't used this script in this area before, perhaps it's SmartStasising them away for some bizarre reason. So I swapped consult scripts to FirstThingsFirst.

Sure enough, success:
Code:
[719] Orc Chasm
Round 1: HappyHead uses the 334 scroll!
Round 2: HappyHead uses the 334 scroll!
Adjusted combat item count: 668 scroll
You acquire an item: 668 scroll
[COLOR="Blue"]Round 3: HappyHead uses the 668 scroll!
Round 4: HappyHead uses the 64067 scroll!
You acquire an item: 64735 scroll[/COLOR]
Round 5: HappyHead uses the 30669 scroll!
Round 6: HappyHead uses the 668 scroll!
Round 7: HappyHead attacks!
Round 8: HappyHead attacks!
You gain 22 hit points
You gain 23 Mojo Points
You gain 3 Strengthliness
You gain 10 Enchantedness
You gain 12 Smarm
You gain a Moxie point!

Any way to stop it from nuking the 64067 scrolls? As that is a bit counter productive towards quest completion.

Bale

Minion
Is it somehow using the scroll as a combat item instead of feeding it into the machine to get my desired quest scroll? Is that even possible? :confused:

No, that isn't possible. You feed scrolls to the machine by using them as combat items. The two things are synonymous. You cannot do one without the other.

Can you verify that you really don't have any extra 64735 scrolls lying around? I find it more likely that mafia failed to recognize the scroll creation.

zarqon

This is not SmartStasis's doing, since it has zero handling for scrolls. It doesn't even consider them.

Those "adjusted combat item count" messages come from mafia verifying its internal inventory count against the items KoL shows in your combat item drop-down menu. Are there any other instances where you saw a 64067 (-1) message?

I'm almost certain you're not actually losing any scrolls (note that it never said you threw the 64067 scroll), there just might be an issue with the way mafia keeps track of them during combat. What I suspect is that mafia might actually be double-counting them in the round you get them, causing it to correct its mistake in the following round.

I also saw this oddness:

Round 5: HappyHead uses the 30669 scroll!
Round 6: HappyHead uses the 668 scroll!

No acquisition of a 31337 scroll.

Heffed

No, that isn't possible. You feed scrolls to the machine by using them as combat items. The two things are synonymous. You cannot do one without the other.

Can you verify that you really don't have any extra 64735 scrolls lying around? I find it more likely that mafia failed to recognize the scroll creation.

I didn't think there was a difference either, but I couldn't account for what was happening otherwise.

No, I have no other 64735 scrolls in my inventory. Unless can you possibly only have one at a time?

This is not SmartStasis's doing, since it has zero handling for scrolls. It doesn't even consider them.

OK, then I guess I'm at a loss to explain why switching to FTF allowed me to finally create the scroll. (However, as noted below, it still failed to create at least one 31337)

Those "adjusted combat item count" messages come from mafia verifying its internal inventory count against the items KoL shows in your combat item drop-down menu. Are there any other instances where you saw a 64067 (-1) message?

Yes.

Code:
[596] Orc Chasm
Round 3: HappyHead attacks!
Round 4: HappyHead attacks!
Round 5: HappyHead attacks!
Round 6: HappyHead attacks!
You gain 8 Muscleboundness
You gain 5 Magicalness
You gain 13 Cheek

I also see things like:
Code:
[612] Orc Chasm
Round 1: HappyHead uses the 668 scroll!
Round 2: HappyHead uses the 64067 scroll!
Round 3: HappyHead attacks!
Round 4: HappyHead attacks!
You gain 3 Strengthliness
You gain 6 Wizardliness
You gain 16 Smarm

Code:
[695] Orc Chasm
Round 1: HappyHead uses the 668 scroll!
Round 2: HappyHead uses the 64067 scroll!
Round 3: HappyHead uses the 334 scroll!
You gain 8 Beefiness
You gain 7 Mysteriousness
You gain 10 Roguishness

I'm almost certain you're not actually losing any scrolls (note that it never said you threw the 64067 scroll), there just might be an issue with the way mafia keeps track of them during combat. What I suspect is that mafia might actually be double-counting them in the round you get them, causing it to correct its mistake in the following round.

All I know is that my 334 and 668 scrolls kept getting used, and a 64067 scroll would appear in the session results tab, then disappear again after meeting a rampaging adding machine. I had mafia set to stop on the default goals of a 64735 scroll and a lowercase N, with the addition of a 31337 scroll. I did stop to check my inventory after this happened once to see if mafia was just not registering the 64735 scroll, but there wasn't one. I checked again when I switched my CCS to consult FTF instead of SS.

I also saw this oddness:
No acquisition of a 31337 scroll.

Yes that is odd, and that is after switching to FTF. There are also cases of using 668's and 64067's with no 64735's (without the -1 message) as I showed above, but those were when using SS.

I'm going to attach my chasm'ing so you guys can look at it if you wish. I don't know what to think at this point...

The point that I create the Vesper in the log is when I switched to FTF.

Hmmm... Looking a little closer at the log, I'm also seeing:
Code:
Adjusted combat item count: meat vortex (-1)

Attachments

• ChasmOddities.txt
    59.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

jasonharper

Developer
Short answer: Perm Funkslinging as soon as possible!

Long answer: There are two separate problems happening here:
1. Mafia is wasting a LOT of scrolls due to the fact that your RAMs are surviving for an average of 3 scroll insertions - the 3rd scroll used will likely kill the RAM and thus be wasted. I'm not sure what could reasonably be done about this - there appears to be a huge variance in the amount of damage a scroll insertion does, so limiting scroll uses to a number that's guaranteed to be safe would waste lots of opportunities.

2. The combat item count adjustment isn't dealing very well with combat items acquired during the combat - they're being double-counted at first, and then adjusted back down (usually) during the next round. However, if the acquired item is immediately used, ending the combat, the opportunity to correct the count is lost. Example: use two 334s, get a 668, mafia momentarily thinks you have two 668s. Use the 668, killing the RAM (and wasting the scroll), and mafia still thinks you have another 668. In the instances in your log where two scrolls were apparently used with no result, you in fact didn't have one of the scrolls being used. This is mostly fixable, although there's always going to be a bit of uncertainty about combat items used on the final round, due to lack of parseable feedback as to whether they were actually used.

Heffed

Thanks Jason, that makes sense.

Is the counting issue something recently introduced? I guess I'm wondering why I've never seen this before. Or has it been happening all along and the RNG has been more kind so I never noticed?

Tipmon

hey i got the new december familar and i wanted to know if this would support that yet because it said like and improved chocabo and this has it for chocabos so i wanted to asked before it started to practically wasting my stocking's ability to steal meat

Heffed

hey i got the new december familar and i wanted to know if this would support that yet because it said like and improved chocabo and this has it for chocabos so i wanted to asked before it started to practically wasting my stocking's ability to steal meat

I think it's safe to say it isn't supported yet. ;)