SmartStasis -- a complex script for a simple CCS

Jatopian

Did you, by chance, have a hammer of some kind equipped? A similar (same?) issue has been mentioned in the FTF thread (sorry for all the thread-hopping!), where fighting gremlins while having a hammer equipped will do exactly as you have posted here. A fix for that is on its way.
I probably had the Sledgehammer of the Vaelkyr (SC SLEW) equipped.

Winterbay

Instead of? Wouldn't you want them in addition to the currently-used combos?

No, since I don't want to spend the meat on getting the MP back from the rather expensive ones. I've generally never used the disco combos since they are way too expensive fo rmy tastes. The rave ones are much better in that regard and as such instead of is better :)

zarqon

It should use them if they are profitable, regardless of how expensive they are. If you will get 200 more meat by using the combo, and it costs you 100 meat to restore the MP you spend casting it, it's worth casting. Items are a bit more involved to calculate, but it's the same deal.

Didn't manage to get this updated this weekend (it's Sunday already over here, and past my bedtime...), but I'll be sure to get to it by mid-week at the latest.

@Jatopian: Aha! Then I'm happy to report that the issue you reported will be fixed when the update comes along.

Winterbay

The problem I have is with the Birgands where I do not gain any meat from the skill and thus the cheaper ones is much better to use than both or the just the expensive ones.

zarqon

SS will skip +meat combos on brigands if you have ocw_nunspeed set to false (yay script synergy). Otherwise, it assumes completing the sidequest in fewer turns is desirable despite the cost.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Does it not save you any turns there? If it saves you 1 turn and causes you to spend 15 turns there instead of 16, then you can spend that saved turn castle farming for 1k meat or whatever. That puts the meat gained by using the skill at about 65 per turn for 12 MP spent. I don't know if the MP restorers you have in aftercore make that worth doing. I've also made a lot of guesses to get to that number.

Ninja'd.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Interesting. It seems that even though I've set the ocf_farm to Leprechaun something is still causing a change to Cocoabo as teh active familiar. This seems suboptimal in my mind since the extra meat from the Leprechaun will make the quest complete faster and I think the small amount of meat I gain from the Cocoabo is not actually worth the effort.

zarqon

Well, sure, let's talk about OCW.

That's because ocw_f_farm is the wrong sidequest! However, there is no ocw_f_nuns setting. Instead ocw_nunspeed (a boolean) affects decisions for the nuns sidequest. Either you want to prolong the quest for personal meat using a Cocoabo-type (and not buffing your +meat), or you want to finish quickly with a leprechaun-type (and buff your +meat). The only way to override this is by setting is_100_run to your chosen familiar, but unless you're actually doing a 100% run I don't know any reason you'd want to do differently.

Sorry if I seem a bit snippy, it's my hormones, they're out of control! I'm so emotional right now, and yet I just want to be left alone.

Winterbay

No problem at all. Seeing as I'm not a very optimal player (I only use SS and FTF atm due to the fact that the OCW seems to want them and I just want my multi to get through the quest without me having to do anything about it, otherwise I never use any kind of stasis unless necessary for quest reasons [Germlins] since I find it to be stupidly boring and sort of cheating) it would never occur to me to use anything other than a +meat famliar in that cirumstance :)

I was just interested in the reasoning behind it and now I have it. Thank you :)

Rinn

Developer
The only change I would suggest for the disco bandit combos on top of what Glazius added is that it should probably attempts to use the rave combos before the disco combos because they're more effective.

Edir

So, tried using the updated SmartStasis and FirstThingsFirst you posted, so I would automatically try to pickpocket up to two times(thanks to the Bling) then do a rave pickpocket if it was needed and then perform the other combos.

This doesn't seem to work out however- although I've only tried this with sandworms while drunk(I wanted to test out the script but I had already overdrunk...I do know the melange isn't pocketable, but it should still have used the combos to get the extra meat and spices). Perhaps I made a mistake with my preferences or setting up the script...
Just to be 100% sure: Putting 'consult SmartStasis.ash' in my combat script automatically includes FirstThingsFirst correct Or do I have to consult both .ash files separately?

slyz

Developer
FTF is imported automatically, no need to consult both. Maybe you weren't in the clear? The script will stasis/use disco combos only if you cannot be hit.

EDIT: wait no it doesn't, it should use the combos even if you're not in the clear.

Did you have enough MP for all the combos?

EDIT2:

Mafia thinks the sandworm only has 1 spices, so if you already pickpocketed one, SS will think there is nothing left to drop maybe?

EDIT3:

I looked at the script... it considers the auto sell value to determine if the disco combo is worth casting... with an autosell value of 1 meat, spices probably don't make the cut. Try putting "+10000 spices" as a goal to force it to use the combos.

Last edited:

Edir

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Did you have enough MP for all the combos?
Yep. Even if I didn't have enough MP for all of them, I think it should have done at least the ones I could afford.

Mafia thinks the sandworm only has 1 spices, so if you already pickpocketed one, SS will think there is nothing left to drop maybe?
Even if that was true, the worm would still drop meat, thus it might have been worth it to use Rave/Disco Nirvana for +meat.

I looked at the script... it considers the auto sell value to determine if the disco combo is worth casting... with an autosell value of 1 meat, spices probably don't make the cut. Try putting "+10000 spices" as a goal to force it to use the combos.
Perhaps one should be able to use a specific non-autosell value for some items when farming for them.
Anyway, even if it's a problem with the spices, it should still have used Rave Nirvana, as I said above. Pretty sure it would have been worth the MP.

EDIT: I actually just tried it 3 other times, using the +10000 spices goal. It used Rave Pickpocket(when the 'standard' 2 pickpocket attempts failed) AND Rave Nirvana for the extra meat, but still no Rave or Disco Concentration. So it's probably a problem with the value of spice yes.

EDIT 2: Perhaps it actually WANTED to use Concentration but the monster HP was too low? That's a possibility too, I was using the banjo which gives +damage to DB skills so...
Anyway, other than these problems, this is a GREAT script.

Last edited:

zarqon

I'm going to do my best to get the updated FTF and SS up today. I have to remove a few things to make them releasable, and add in the new Disco Combos, but I actually have a usable window of time tonight so I think it should be able happen. (Note: it is now 2pm here.)

Edir

Tried to farm with the script in 'normal'areas(no sandworms) and it worked perfectly :cool: It pickpocketed up to 2 times, then did Rave Pickpocket if necessary, and then did the rest of the combos.

zarqon

Ok, I got a little carried away and was unable to release the scripts last night. I'm now sorting all disco combos by profitability, and if you're stasising the script will attempt to cast whichever it thinks to be the most profitable whenever possible.

Eventually I want all disco combos to be available as single combat options for BatMan, so a few parts are a little kludgey at the moment, but it'll work. Should be up in about 3 hours. w00t

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Regarding profitability (of items): you might want to check out profit_fx for proper handling of monsters which drop the same item more than once (bloopers, giant sandworms, bazookafish, etc.) -- as you probably know, item_drops() overwrites entries in these cases. It's ugly, but it works (and you'll probably be able to come up with something much cleaner).

zarqon

Ok, updates are up. Confirmation that it works would be appreciated, since I didn't have any DB's handy when writing this.

@heeheehee: I'm still waiting for a solution to this that doesn't require loading another huge data file every combat. In fact, I'll go request one right now.

Bale

Minion
Code:
[471] Haunted Bathroom
Encounter: toilet papergeist
Strategy: H:\KolMafia\ccs\sauceror.ccs [default]
Round 0: bale wins initiative!
[COLOR="#ff0000"]Type name expected (SmartStasis.ash, line 23)
Consult script 'SmartStasis.ash' not found.
You're on your own, partner[/COLOR]
Was that an April Fools joke or an honest error?

Left over rubble intended to work with BatMan?

Edit: Never mind. Updated FirstThingsFirst.

Last edited:
Code:
[471] Haunted Bathroom
Encounter: toilet papergeist
Strategy: H:\KolMafia\ccs\sauceror.ccs [default]
Round 0: bale wins initiative!
[COLOR="#ff0000"]Type name expected (SmartStasis.ash, line 23)
Consult script 'SmartStasis.ash' not found.
You're on your own, partner[/COLOR]
Was that an April Fools joke or an honest error?

Left over rubble intended to work with BatMan?

Edit: Never mind. Updated FirstThingsFirst.

Oddly updating FTF seems to have CAUSED a similar error for me. See the FTF thread.

Solved. Mafia only prompted me to update the one, I didn't know SmartStasis needed updated as well.

Edit: And now I'm either getting an April fools prank or a weird bug. It's now prompting me to "upgrade" from SmartStasis 2.4 to 2.3 It's running OK but the countdown is annoying.

Last edited: