Slime vial recipes

You're entitled to the "BAM!" Trophy, for discovering 150 cooking recipes.
You're entitled to the "Color Wheel of Yuck" trophy, for discovering every possible slime vial recipe.

Thanks, y'all! :D

BleepBlorp

I'm pretty happy to see this thread I have to say. I'll be doing my first Sauceror Nemesis over the next few days and was not relishing the thought of trying to get this trophy at all.

Dragontrout

This may be a dumb thing to suggest or ask, but is there a way to work this script so that it will make as many of the undiscovered as it can, without needing to have all the vials necessary to create all of them? Basically I had already completed the nemesis quest, and as an afterthought I figured I'd work towards the trophy while in aftercore. I'm wanting to ascend, but I don't want to just lose all the vials I've been getting 10 a day of-- and doing it all manually is too tedious and requires me to be keeping track of which ones I need to make, make the prerequisite vials, etc

Dragontrout

The script already accounts for those already discovered, I know. I think you mis-read what I was asking about. Or I phrased myself awkwardly. Most likely both

Theraze

It notes them, but it still asks for the vials to make them up. At least, it did when I tried it yesterday... it still said it wanted all 273 vials even though I had 8 recipes known.

If you're asking about partially making recipes and doing them realizing that you're not going to actually be finishing things up this ascension... turn reallyMix to true. That should have it try to make the recipe if not known. The issue with that is that it will only mix them (I think) if you have both of the components... so you might end up making it impossible to finish with the script. But... your choice. :)

jasonharper

Developer
Theraze, if you only knew 8 of the recipes, they were presumably the basic, useful ones (primary + primary = secondary, secondary + secondary = tertiary). The script has to use those 9 recipes in bulk, to get the raw materials for the more obscure recipes, so discovering them ahead of time does you absolutely no good.

Dragontrout, how many vials do you have? Unless you're talking about 50% of the required total or so, I would suggest not worrying about it too much - the process will be so much faster if you collect vials before finishing the quest. Just throw together whatever vials you have at random, for whatever slight benefit that might give - I would start by making about half of the possible quantity of each vial via Item Manager -> Creatable, then start combining them in the relay browser. The recipes where you combine two of the same color should be easier to track, and will definitely reduce the number of required vials on your next attempt.

Donavin69

There appears to be an issue with something in the newer builds of mafia, using 10410-10417 I get a debug error while after telling it to craft the vials. I didn't test back to find out what point it breaks, but in 10001 it worked just fine. (and like an idiot, I let it create them all, I'll test on another character in my next Sauce run if no one else does before that)

Last edited:

Donavin69

I was going to upload it, but then I read the line in the log:
PHP:
Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread.

Also, since I couldn't give real details about when the problem started, I just wanted to make it known that the issue was there until I did more testing

but, since you asked here it is:

Attachments

• DEBUG_20120206.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 73

Bale

Minion
I was going to upload it, but then I read the line in the log:
"Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread."

yeah.... If you're going to read, then you should read the entire paragraph. It continues by saying, "If you would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment."

The "KoLmafia thread" is referring to the single KoLmafia thread in the main KoL forums. That's why you are directed to this forum at kolmafia.us and asked to include it as an attachment. As you did.

My point is that you should simply attach the log next time, without needing to be asked.

Winterbay

The "KoLmafia thread" is referring to the single KoLmafia thread in the main KoL forums. That's why you are directed to this forum at kolmafia.us and asked to include it as an attachment. As you did.

I've always felt that to be somewhat unclear and also got confused about that a few times. Perhaps it would be better if it said "the KoLmafia thread on the KoL forums" or something.

QVamp

Not getting full feedback?

I just started using this script, and I'm getting odd feedback...

Code:
Finding out what you've already discovered...
You already know 55 of the slime vial recipes.
vial of red slime: you have all 1 that you need.
vial of yellow slime: you have all 1 that you need.
vial of blue slime: you have all 1 that you need

If I try to run it, it says:
Code:
You need 4 more vial of orange slime to continue

All other examples in this thread seem to provide more feedback, such as 'you need X' more to make 'Y'. Is there a reason I'm not getting that (running version r10697)?

My list of current potions are:
  • vial of amber slime
  • vial of blue slime (6)
  • vial of chartreuse slime
  • vial of indigo slime
  • vial of patchouli oil (3)
  • vial of purple slime
  • vial of red slime (4)
  • vial of teal slime
  • vial of vermilion slime
  • vial of yellow slime (2)

Razorsoup

Changing "red slime" to "vial of red slime" would get rid of this message (durance-vial.ash, line 2)
Changing "yellow slime" to "vial of yellow slime" would get rid of this message (durance-vial.ash, line 2)
Changing "blue slime" to "vial of blue slime" would get rid of this message (durance-vial.ash, line 2)
...snip...

I know this is an old thread but as this is my first sauceror run, I found this script to get my vial trophy and got a number of the above messages when running it. Used some regex funness in Notepad++ to fix the names of the vials to avoid those messages. Here is a copy of the resulting script for anyone else who stumbles upon this thread.

View attachment durance-vial.ash

Razorsoup

And as those are merely informational, it won't hurt anyone who just uses the official version. :)

I know but I can't just ignore them. It's a sickness. Even if I know that the script author will eventually update the script, I still have to go and fix things to get rid of those messages. I may have a problem. :)

Also, @jasonharper: Thanks for this script. It worked beautifully. Got my Color Wheel and BAM! trophies thanks to this.

Theraze

Well, just be careful because some scripts will break if you remove those informational messages. Why? No idea. But every time I manually fixed zlib's Tavern message, it broke. Hard. :)

Axaca

Don't forget to buy the trophy!
Buying trophy #89 at the Trophy Hut

Thanks for this script! It worked perfectly. That just saved a lot of tedium.