Slime Tube Adventuring Script

StDoodle

Minion
I'm going to take a guess and say that using such a short outfit name may, in some cases, mess up the automatic string matching vs. in-game outfits. Try renaming your outfit to something with a few more characters, changing the relevant line in slime.ash, and nothing else, and see what happens.

icelight

This may be a bit of an obscure request, but is there any possibility an update could be made so that the script supports talon slash in birdform? It's a nice MP-cheap attack given a sufficiently buffed muscle, and obviously the feather are a nice little profit. Right now the script looks like it's assuming I'm using a regular attack, and so thinks I can't survive an attack with 5 turns of covered in slime (and a chamisole) and enough DA/DR to survive the needed two attacks after the initial slime hit, and so wipes and resets one turn earlier than needed. Many thanks.

[Edit] Added it myself. Surprisingly painless. Alhifar, you write remarkably clear code, if someone with literally no experience in .ash can safely add bits.

Last edited:

Alhifar

But the damage calculations assume that you are simply attacking with your weapon if the skill isn't added in manually. That's added in the latest uploaded version.

icelight

In testing the edits that I made (which were almost identical to yours, save that I called the boolean talon instead of vts) it failed every ~100 turns when birdform ended after the final slimed combat. Then when it went to re-slime and got the Welcome back adventure, it didn't use another gong. (Including Birdform in my mood kept it up whenever I got a feather after other combats). With only "[default] 1: skill talon slash" in my CCS, the next attempt to get slimed would get stuck in an infinite thumb-twiddle*. Any idea if your update solves this? I've since modified my CCS to hopefully avoid that, so it's more a matter of curiosity than anything. Or looking out for anyone else who had a similarly simple CCS.

*Infinite Thumb Twiddle is the name of my John Cage cover band.

[Edit] You also left in the same bug I did. There's a break; missing below the case damage calculation for vts. Without that it's still using the default damage calculation.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Just insert:
PHP:
cli_execute("mood execute");
on line 461, right before:
PHP:
page_text = visit_url( to_url( $location[The Slime Tube] ) );

EDIT: what happens when you get the "welcome back" adventure while slimed? Doesn't Mafia spend another turn in the tube without using a gong first? If it is the case, line 500 should be changed to:
PHP:
adventure( 0 , $location[The Slime Tube] );

Last edited:

Alhifar

That, and a handful of other things are fixed and uploaded, with no version advanced, I don't feel that it is that important.

Tipmon

Once I got over the fact that I couldn't set my outfit from my preferences and could only do it in the actual script, it worked perfect. Thanks for the awesome script!

Alhifar

Major update to the script. slime_relay.ash will now be the only version that will get non-bug-fix updates. slime.ash will stay around as a stable version for people who prefer the cli interface.

Bale

Minion
Um? Whoops? I think the relay override script only works if it is named relay_slime, not slime_relay. File name error?

I'm extremely flattered to have had such an impact on the development of this script.

Winterbay

Um? Whoops? I think the relay override script only works if it is named relay_slime, not slime_relay. File name error?

That is indeed true. It does nto show up in the drop down menu unless you have relay_ first in the name.