Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Spiny

Zarqon posted in the bug report section where Terrabull originally posted that it's a Zlib bug and he'll take care of it.

flish

I thank you so much for this script!
I did a few nodule runs without any script and it was painful.

Terrabull

Except that BBB doesn't malfunction alone. Only when I run this specific script.

Edit: Bah, just saw Spiny's post. IGNORE ME!

If I set which_tatter to fish-oil smoke bombs will it work? Just thought I'd double check, it seems like it should even be able to use future popper-like items without problem also.

slyz

Developer
It will throw (or try to throw) whichever item you put in which_tatter, even if it doesn't give a free runaway.

Krukester

I must be stupid or something.

How do I change outfits ? Like how do I equip my Low ML outfit to get 10 turns of the effect, CLEESH that slime, then have it put on my slime hates it gear, adventure till I have 6 turns left of the slime effect, use a chamosis and heal, then put on my low outfit and repeat ??? Could someone explain please. I cant figure it out. IM new to this sorta thing.

slyz

Developer
You shouldn't be doing anything, the script is. What exactly are you confused about? How to configure it? How to run it?

Krukester

How to configure it. When I ran it, it kept my slime gear on so I got 2 turn sof the effect, then died, and it kept doing that.

I need to know how to switch to my low ML outfit, get 10 turns of coated, have it tatter the monster, switch to my "slime hates it" gear and kill slimes till theres 6 turns of coated left, use a chammy to remove the slime effect, then go switch back to my low ML outfit and repeat the process.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Change those max_ml_outfit and min_ml_outfit variables at the top of the script to what you want them to be. If use_tatter_like is false, change that to true and specify the type of item you want to use to tatter away (default, I think, is green smoke bomb?).

Edit: With a non-formatting text-editor, of course (like Notepad).

Krukester

So, do I add the lines max_ml_outfit and min_ml_outfit ? I dont see them there on the script.

And do I just write the number of the ML ? Like max is 720 for slime hates it gear, min would be -15 I believe. Or do I need to write the names of the hat/pants/accessories in there ?!

Like im using

Corrosive Cowl
Sea Salt Scrubs
Villianious Scythe
Corroded Breeches
Malevolent Medallion
Baneful Bandolier
Rickety old Unicycle

and low level is

nasty rat mask
sea salt scrubs
staff of the deepest freeze
square sponge pants
rickeyt old unicycle
pirate fledges
badass belt

Thats whats confusing me the most. Do I just write max_ml=720, min_ml=-15 or add a line with all the equipment ? Ive never used a script like this before, so I apologize for the dumb questions.

StDoodle

Minion
In my version of the script (which I've modified, so this may be off, but I don't think I touched that part) they're on lines 18 & 21. They should be set to the names of the custom (or standard, if you really wanted) outfits. It's up to you to save those equipment setups as custom outfits first. Then you should have lines like:
Code:
string max_ml_outfit = "slimeml";
string max_ml_familiar = "purse rat";

string min_ml_outfit = "slime_resist";
string min_ml_familiar = "sandworm";
near the top of the script.

Krukester

Mine doesnt work. Doesnt change outfits, doesnt use chamois to remove coated in slime at 7 adventures. Either I have the wrong script or im just to dumb to figure it out. But it refuses to work for me, and I have no idea what im doing wrong, and its really pissing me off im always dying cause it doesnt remove coated, or heal, or switch between outfits.

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
The number of adv. of Coated in Slime at which a chamois will be used varies; the script calculates survivability each time. As for outfit switching, have you made sure that you can equip the entire outfit? That's one place where things can go wrong, if you're stats aren't high enough.

Krukester

Yes. I have. I can equip the outfit manually. But usually, I get 10 turns of the effect, and can survive till 6. Usually at 6 I use the chamosis. However, the script doesnt. It just lets me die, uses a scroll, dies again, uses a scroll and keeps doing that.

This is what the beginning of the script looks like for me:

//Version: 3 - fixed some messy logic where I couldn't even follow my train of thought

string max_ml_outfit = "Slimes";
string max_ml_familiar = "Green Pixie";

string min_ml_outfit = "Stupid slimes";
string min_ml_familiar = "Green Pixie";

// minslimeturns - the fewest amount of turns at which you are still able to win a fight
int minslimeturns = 7;
boolean usevipbath = true;

boolean checkslime() {
// check how many adventures of slime left, attempt to remove if less than minslimeturns
if (have_effect($effect[Coated in Slime]) > 0) {
if (have_effect($effect[Coated in Slime]) < minslimeturns)

StDoodle

Minion
Do you have the CLI / session log of said events that you could post a snippet of?

Edit to add: and the latest version of the script... the server it's on appears to be down. (I dunno why Alhifar doesn't just upload it here...)

Last edited:

Alhifar

That excerpt is definitely not from my script.

Also: as of right now, the server seems to be up, not sure what might have happened. I don't upload it there because I'd be bound to forget to actually update the first post.

Krukester

Okay. I downloaded the right script now. Appearently I was using a different one. However, when I try to use it with Mafia it says : "Unable to invoke string" What does this mean ?!?! This is a copy of what I inserted into the script:

## Set run type to either "larva" or "nodule" to automatically set certain settings to the most usual values for those types of runs.
string run_type = "nodule";

string max_ml_outfit = "MaxML Slimes";
string max_ml_familiar = "green pixie";

string min_ml_outfit = "MinML Slimes";
string min_ml_familiar = "green pixie";

## Set use_tatter_like to true to use a tatter to escape from combat, or to false to simply kill the slime and use an adventure.
## Set which_tatter to which tatter-like item to use to escape from combats
boolean use_tatter_like = true;
item which_tatter = $item[green smoke bomb];

## This CCS is ONLY used if use_tatter_like is set to false, and it is not blank
string max_ml_ccs = "";
string min_ml_ccs = "";

## Set this to the amount of rounds you want to add to the number of rounds expected to account for fumbles
int fumble_buffer = 0;

boolean use_hottub = true;
boolean verbose = true;

Let me know if I did anything wrong !!!