Feature - Rejected show what item is required, next to each telescope entry

QVamp

My memory sucks, so it would be really nice if I use the telescope and 'look low' to have mafia show what item I need next to every entry. I end up having to pull up the wiki page showing the items needed and manually matching up each entry, writing down the missing items.

What would be nice is that after each entry you add '(need baseball)' or '(have 1 baseball)' or some such. It would be great if this was a clickable link that would bring me to the location, though things like 'NG' obviously don't have a single location, so that might not work.

Bale

Minion
That function exists for the CLI telescope command and I've already posted a relay override that does that when you look at your telescope in the relay browser. Install it with:

svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/relay/code/campground

Theraze

Aren't there already multiple relay scripts that do this?

Edit: Yep. And ninja-ed by Bale, who maintains one of the better ones.

QVamp

I installed it and it looks great... just what I wanted. But isn't this functionality that would be helpful for everyone who uses mafia? I look here a lot, read through the forums and look for new scripts, and still didn't know about it. Likely there are a lot of other people in the same position.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
And when they ask about alternatives, they find out that a single command can substitute for multiple clicks to get to the telescope in the relay browser. Mafia already provides a convenient way to access that information, a relay override seems sufficient for people that want another way.