Feature Show Monster Manuel Factoids in Location Details

sven

I've been using the Monster Manuel ash script for quite a while but i wanted to have the information more readily available to easily check for a zone if i still need facts there when burning turns before ascending.

It adds Factoids: X / Y where is X is the ones you got and Y is the max for the zone to the location summary and add the number of factoids you have to each monster if you have found any.

Since it adds quite a few requests at login because its parsing the data from the questlog you need to enable it by setting loadMonsterManualFactoids=true in your preferences

Attachments

• monstermanuel.patch
    7.4 KB · Views: 32

Bale

Minion
Yeah... I'd vote thumbs down on this one. I'm not sure which of the three manuel scripts you're using, but I recommend missingManuel.ash which solves all my manuel concerns quite nicely.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There are quite a few cases where KoL has identical names for different monsters. Every script has some combination of monster image, factoids, and atk/def/hp stored somehow to distinguish them. This patch has none of those things (and I don't think I would want to store factoids for monsters that can't be distinguished any other way), so it won't work out as well as those scripts.

Bale

Minion
And some monsters have multiple copies in Manuel (gremlins and El Vibrato for instance) which mafia does not track as separate. This would require ongoing support to keep it up to date whenever such a thing was added to KoL.